THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speekymags

T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. Empty
PostSubject: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:37 pm

So I've been playing for 2 years; one without lessons, and one with. My friend's dad gave me a 30" scale bass with P-style pickups, and no legible brand name. The electronics have since broke, and I ended up purchasing a "Melody Guitars" bass with similar pickups. I've discovered that the truss rod is stripped, and bending away from the strings, so I'm in the market for a new bass. My only qualifications are that it have soapbar J-style pickups, and be in the $200-300 range. I've been looking at a bass in the mall being sold for $300, http://www.music123.com/Peavey-Millennium-4-AC-BXP-4-String-Bass-511400-i1146983.Music123
...but this forum makes me think I should be looking at a T-40? I mostly play classical, jazz, and progressive metal if that helps at all.
Back to top Go down
warriorbass05

warriorbass05

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:20 pm

I think a T40 will stand out more than that BXp.....go with american wood!!!! you will not be disappointed....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/warriorjaymi
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:19 am

I agree. You can pick up good old American made T-series basses for about the same cash as imported basses. I am one of those that doesn't like to play "whatever is cool at the moment" and look like everyone else. Give a serious look at the T-series basses before you commit to something else.
Back to top Go down
speekymags

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:37 am

Also, I hear that T-40s are HEAVY suckers. Can anyone give me a weight estimate? I hate playing my Melody standing up, simply because it makes my shoulder hurt.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:21 am

Heavy is pretty subjective. I grew up playing Les Pauls so when I made the transition to T-60s and T-40s I didn't notice anything unusual. I have a later painted T-40, so it is going to weigh in a tad lighter than the naturals. I weighed it on a bathroom scale a few years ago and it was in the mid 9 pound range if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
warriorbass05

warriorbass05

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:19 am

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
Heavy is pretty subjective. I grew up playing Les Pauls so when I made the transition to T-60s and T-40s I didn't notice anything unusual. I have a later painted T-40, so it is going to weigh in a tad lighter than the naturals. I weighed it on a bathroom scale a few years ago and it was in the mid 9 pound range if I remember correctly.

and 9lbs is not real heavy...
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:13 am

Nope, it sure ain't. I've shouldered my favorite T-60 for over 10 hours of playing at the Gatherings at Chip's house. Never felt a thing.
Back to top Go down
warriorbass05

warriorbass05

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:43 am

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
Nope, it sure ain't. I've shouldered my favorite T-60 for over 10 hours of playing at the Gatherings at Chip's house. Never felt a thing.

I am working on a couple of T40s so we will see what happens...I am not a small guy so carrying a 10lb bass is not a big deal
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.   T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-40? or Millenium? New bass player needs advice.
Page 1 of 1