THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

serial numbers

Go down 
+66
JohnGroenen
RumbleBass
Borisuzi
minervadreaming
GB
Johnny Crab
TrebleHead082
Shabbs
Chris K
blaine63
metalchild92797
candybuck2006
CW
deadpool
58mark
don_frouse
tapman
sienjake
timonvh
derelict78
eqworks
DFA 79
marijn c
RichardH
stinky634
dannymacc
Santi
pbrdrnkr
NGPeavey
Eric
Chris In NOLA
cdougyfresh
gastric
homero
Jeffrey71
todd
Bigbzbass
nateh415
Squidward247
NOZHX
mtseiler
davidgsanpablo
OzarkRifleman
Tamhellspawn
lingo
coleus
aaronrushmore
Bett
Barking Pumpkin
thepull
Java
kevdel
countshock
wanderlusterer
daniel
Elmore
Pipou
jtre
Aladaube
mechazawa
geekboy_rick
el duderino
Scottpro1969
freeridstylee
lugrug
Frank N. Peavey
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

serial numbers - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:12 am

It looks like a 1980 serial number but the only way to be sure is to ask Peavey.
Back to top Go down
homero

homero

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
I'm the resident info-geek over at the T-60 Forum. I've been collecting Peavey serial numbers for a database that I maintain. Let me know if you would like your serial numbers added to the database.
[b]

I've been playing bass seriously for the last 14 years and reacently had my first encounter with a t-40 and i am loving it.
The serial number is 00320218 so you can added to yor records.
Be sure i'll be posting pictures and stuff pretty soon.

PS: I live in the Caribbean so this basses ar very hard to find arround. afro
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:54 am

Welcome to the show and congratulations on finding an early T-40 like that!
Back to top Go down
gastric

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 am

Picked up a used Peavey T-40 as follows:

* Black body
* Blade pickups
* Rosewood fretboard
* SN - 00763348
* Needs new phase switch and C3 .022 OHM resistor between tone and volume otherwise is good to go (check the tech discussions forum for my electronics questions related to this)

serial numbers - Page 4 Peavey_t40_001
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:09 am

Congrats! That's a very nice T you scored there! And it still has the pickguard overlay!
Back to top Go down
gastric

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am

"Had" the pick guard overlay. Was basically falling off and held on by tape. No idea why he had a non-functional bass with the overlay on there still. Silly stuff. I couldn't find a serial number guide to date this bad boy. Should be a sticky somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 7:25 am

I finally found the thread with the serial number dating info, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it a sticky.

https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com/peavey-t-40-discussion-f4/serial-number-dating-t91.htm?highlight=serial+number
Back to top Go down
cdougyfresh

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Mine is 00345204

Had a friend give it to me for free with a Peavey amp as well, he paid $40 for both a while back but never used. My first time playing Bass so I am just learning some basic tunes right now
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 6:30 am

Thanks! I'll add your serial number to the database.
Back to top Go down
Chris In NOLA

PostSubject: Chris In NOLA's 82 T-40   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:04 pm

This one is a recent acquisition....T-40/01123856
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks for the update. I already had that serial number in the database, but I added you as the owner. Congrats on the acquistion!
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: new T40 Owner in Ontario, Canada   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi,
I;m new here, just picked up a T40 ser # 00763562. It's in the dark brown case, last owner was in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. Any help with its lineage would be great.
This bass is awesome, I can see what you guys are talking about, it's a machine.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Welcome to the show Eric and congrats on your new T-40!

About the only thing I can tell you about your T is it is most likely a 1981 model. It probably has the blade pickups, flat switches and the U.S. Patent Number info on the front of the headstock. I would like to add the specifics to my serial number database. You can PM me if you'd like to add the details beyond serial number. I will add this and show you as the owner.

Peavey's serial number database has been down for quite some time. I'm not sure they are even concerned enough to fix it. But you could try giving them a call to see if by chance they can tell you anything additional.
Back to top Go down
Eric

PostSubject: if you email peavey about your ser #, this is what you get   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, we are unable to determine information for this product from the serial number.

Peavey Electronics is very proud of its long tradition of building quality products that can bring a lifetime of service and enjoyment. The year 2010 will mark our 45th year in business, and we wish to sincerely thank our customers for their support. Without you, we obviously would not be here.

Due to the volume of quality products that have been manufactured and sold over time, Peavey gets an ever-increasing number of requests for information such as "born on dates" for older products. Unfortunately the archive containing this old serial number/product information has a technical problem and is currently shut down.
For this reason, we are now unable to respond to these requests.

We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. We assure you that Peavey Electronics will continue it's a tradition of working hard to insure that our customers get the best possible quality, value, and service.

Regards,

Roger Crimm
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 6:11 am

It's truly sad that they no longer give us birth years on our instruments.

I'm beginning to believe there is no problem with the database and they have just chosen to no longer give out the year information for whatever reason. The database has been "broken" for a very long time. Long enough that some IT folks could have repaired it or extracted whatever info they could and built something new.

I have been a loyal Peavey customer since '82 when I got my first amp. And all those years they have had the best customer service I have ever seen. Until the serial number database fiasco.

I don't understand how other manufacturers can put their serial number info out on the web for us to decode our own yet Peavey can't or won't.
Back to top Go down
NGPeavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 3:51 pm

I tried to get some information several months ago about my t40. It was the same thing then, sorry, can't help. All they could say was it's a 78-85 model. The serial number for my t40 is 00452375, with a patent pending label. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I picked it up with the original hardshell case, owners manual and warranty paperwork in January, I think. All for $250.00. I love it though. They don't make them like that anymore.
Thanks, Glenn
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 4:25 pm

It's sad the folks at Peavey couldn't take a better guess than '78 thru '85. Patent Applied for only appeared on the front of the headstocks on '78 and '79 models. Geez, you'd think they would know at least that much. Your serial number falls in the tail end of the known '79 range.
Back to top Go down
pbrdrnkr

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Proud new owner of t-40 awesomeness. SN #8M273156 with the Patent Applied for on the headstock.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 6:39 am

Welcome to the show and congrats on grabbing an early T-40!
Back to top Go down
Santi

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:29 am

Hi friends. Some times ago I sold my T-45... and I have bought other T-40!

This one is black, maple fingerboard, blade picups and serial number 01395983. It was made in 1983, I think.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:23 am

Congrats on the new T-40! Looks like it is a 1983 model.
Back to top Go down
Santi

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:50 am

Thank you Frank.

I think the T-40´s made in 83 were made with poplar body for lighter weight, right?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:37 am

Yes. All the colored ones did have poplar bodies. The naturals were still ash.
Back to top Go down
Santi

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Ok; Well, this one isn´t much more lighter than the ash body model (it got the same heavy hardware) and the sound is very similar also.

Good bass anyway.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:11 pm

I've got a burst and three natural T-60s plus the red one. There is no real weight difference in them to me either. The only difference in sound is some have toaster pickups and one has blade pickups. I would assume the same would apply to the T-40s.

I have never noticed any real difference the few times I was able to play a natural and my red T-40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

serial numbers
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next