THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Members

Go down 
+20
Santi
Double A
Lunchbox
blanket
dragonaut420
dozicusmaximus
knuge
hand amputation
clc0000
T40Prague
tallredwookie
kjpollo
NOZHX
goodlawdy
High Elbows
kevdel
jabba21
Frank N. Peavey
OzarkRifleman
Scottpro1969
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 pm

I see there have been a lot of new members joining lately. I want to extend a friendly welcome to everyone!!! Don't be shy!! Nobody here is a jerk. Let's hear about your T's!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 pm

Very Happy Thanks! I have been looking for a place to swap info and stories for T-40 basses. I bought one in 97, a nice 83 with the "nude" ash finish, still had the plastic cover on the pick gaurd. Had to sell that one when I moved. Hated doing it ever since....

Finally picked up a nice Orange Sunburst 85 with a rosewood fretboard from ebay. No case though. Anyone on here live within driving distance of southwest Missouri with a spare early-80's T-40 case to sell BTW?

Glad these forums are here, I have already learned a lot from them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ozark_dogfighter
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 3:27 pm

Welcome to the show! Ropingk lives around the St. James area, you might PM him.
Back to top Go down
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:57 pm

Finally updated my profile.

My newly acquired T-40:
New Members T-40_t10
New Members T-4010
Back to top Go down
jabba21

jabba21

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Hey, my name is Matt and I joined a couple days ago and have just been floating around checking out all the other threads and reading up on the T-40's. This forum has already been tons useful to me.

I got my first T-40 this past week. I just happened to be checking out the local pawn shops when I stumbled on one sitting behind a counter. I asked the sales lady how much it was and she said $150. Needless to say I snapped it up pretty fast. Judging from the serial, it's a '79 model, ash body, pretty much identical to the large banner you have here on the site.

The only thing that it wrong with it is, the pick-up selector is broken. It still works so it's just a minor cosmetic flaw but I've already contacted Rene from www.vintagegitaar.nl./ whom I learned about on here about getting a replacement. I can't wait to actually play in front of some people with this thing.
Back to top Go down
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:59 am

Nice! Congrats on that find Matt!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 am

I just love finding a vintage Peavey in a pawn shop. Great score Matt and welcome to the show!
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:07 pm

Welcome Matt,

I scored a '78 T-40 at a local pawn shop. Gotta love them. Most of the time they're over-priced but every now and then....especially with older guitars, they don't know what they have and you can really score a steal. Congrats on your '79, and a hearty welcome to the family.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:58 pm

I've been lucky on my pawn scores. Seems the brokers don't put much of a price on them because "they are just Peavey's". Mad
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:35 pm

Don't be hatin' on theit ignorance Tony...it's so much better for those of us who know better!!!Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:09 am

No hate here Scott. In a way I'm kind of glad vintage Peavey's are treated as such. Saves me money with this "awful addiction" that I have where I must acquire as many as possible.
Back to top Go down
jabba21

jabba21

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 11:48 am

So Tony, for not playing bass how did you become interested in the T-40's? Was it just your love of the T-60's?
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Tony has a T-40...a gorgeous red/rosewood that I keep trying to pry away from him but he won't budge. He's a guitar player that dabs in bass. I hate to speak for him but I would think he'd agree that he has the T-40 because he loves the T-60 so much Wink

He'll correct me if I'm wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
kevdel

kevdel

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:23 am

Scott,
You have a couple PM's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendswithyouband.com
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:34 am

Good question. I found my first T-60 at a pawn shop for next to nothing, did some research online and found out about Chip. I had always been a Peavey amp guy but hadn't tried any of their instruments. When I saw how great the T-60s were I had to grab more. I had a Epiphone LP bass and a Charvel bass laying around my studio to lay some really basic bass lines down on some demos. One day on my T-60 search I stumbled across my holy grail, a red/rosewood T-40. I had to get it and sell off my other basses. I've got my eye on a red Patriot bass to match my red Patriot. And there is a red Fury bass in my future too. MAYBE I'll learn to play properly one of these days.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:17 am

Here's another reason why I just can't talk myself into selling my T-40.

New Members Basses_t40d

Signed by the man himself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

Shocked Surprised Very Happy AWESOME!! I'd be buried with my bass if it were signed by Chip.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:15 pm

Three of my T-60s were signed by Chip as well. Just one of the perks of when I lived an hour or so from his shop. Dang, I sure miss being able to visit Chip whenever the desire hits.

Make plans to come to the annual ITOC Gathering at Chip's this November. He'll sign your T's. Although he doesn't quite understand why we want his signature on our instruments. He's a great guy to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:43 pm

I've been trying for the past 3 years to get to Chips for the Gathering but it just doesn't work out Crying or Very sad. You're right, Chip is a GREAT guy and very humble. He's done so much with his life and seems like the normal "guy down the street." I'm toying with the idea of presenting him with the '78 T-40 I'm getting back. It's such an early production model that I think it is fitting that he should have it...especially since he's T-40less at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:21 am

That's an excellent idea Scott. I really think that would touch him really deep.
Back to top Go down
High Elbows

High Elbows

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi All!
My name's Pete, and I'm a bassaholic. Wink
I have recently gotten the T-40 bug. I bought one on Ebay a few weeks ago. It's a little rough, but nothing a little TLC won't take care of.
I completely disassembled it, and I am in the process of getting her back to beautiful.
I will post some pics soon, so I can share the progress.

I'm so glad I came across this forum! It's been a wealth of information for me, and I appreciate it!

It will be nice to get to know you all!
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:04 pm

Welcome Pete, glad you found us!!! We're all in the same boat, though I love all of the older Peavey basses, not just the T-40.

Everybody here is friendly and happy to help out whenever possible.

Feel free to post some pics when you can. I do the same thing when I get a bass. I completely disassemble it and clean and polish from top to bottom. I'm a little OCD about it.
Back to top Go down
High Elbows

High Elbows

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Scottpro1969 wrote:
Welcome Pete, glad you found us!!! We're all in the same boat, though I love all of the older Peavey basses, not just the T-40.

Everybody here is friendly and happy to help out whenever possible.

Feel free to post some pics when you can. I do the same thing when I get a bass. I completely disassemble it and clean and polish from top to bottom. I'm a little OCD about it.

Thanks Scott!
I know what you mean!
This is my second Peavey... I also have a Millenium 5 string.
There's something about these T40's that really grab my interest. Honestly, I haven't even played one yet. The one I bought didn't have strings on it. I'm really anxious to get this baby together!
Back to top Go down
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:33 pm

slap some Super Slinky's on that puppy and you'll fall in love! TRUST me!

OH and BTW, Pete, I LOVE that avatar!
Back to top Go down
High Elbows

High Elbows

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:37 pm

OzarkRifleman wrote:
slap some Super Slinky's on that puppy and you'll fall in love! TRUST me!

OH and BTW, Pete, I LOVE that avatar!

Thanks! Are you a DT fan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Members Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Members   New Members I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Members
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: