HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:02 am

Welcome to the show Knuge, that's a sweet T-40. I'm a big T-60 fan as well.

I can't really offer any great tone advice since I'm a guitarist that owns a T-40 for giggles. When I do pick up Sonia (my T-40) I find myself using both pickups. The bridge pickup tone is around 5 and volume about 8. The neck pickup tone is at 10 with the volume around 7. Hope that helps. Surely some of the real bassists will pipe in with their settings for you.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dozicusmaximus

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:31 am

whats up?! I just purchased a T40 body and hardware. All I need is a neck and pickups. So, since I am new to this bass I have to learn everything I can about it. Very Happy I found a link to this place and figured this would be a good place to learn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:48 am

Welcome to the show and congrats on your new T. Have fun putting it together and be sure to pop in here with any questions you might have.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dragonaut420

PostSubject: Re:new members   Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:00 pm

hey guys i've had my peavey t-40 for about a year, GREATEST BASS EVER! i have been wondering for a while now how old it was what do you think the serial number is 00509544
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blanket

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Hey Y'all, I'm new to basses, but been hanging around this group for a few years, on different forums (another story in itself). My son who is also my pastor came to me a few weeks ago and appointed me the bass player for a new praise band. The first thing I did was to get in touch with Roping Rick, who does everything and can play anything. I found a used squier that I traded an LP copy for it and figured I was set. On a trip to my Dad's for his surgery, I stopped to check out one of the local pawn shops. I honestly had no intention of even looking at guitars, but I was already there so I checked the basses. On the very end was a T-40, natural and made around 1979. It matched my PAF, they twisted my arm, and you know the rest. The squre is totally dissassembled waiting for a new paint job, and the
T-40 is my practice instrument. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunchbox

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 pm

blanket wrote:
Hey Y'all, I'm new to basses, but been hanging around this group for a few years, on different forums (another story in itself). My son who is also my pastor came to me a few weeks ago and appointed me the bass player for a new praise band. The first thing I did was to get in touch with Roping Rick, who does everything and can play anything. I found a used squier that I traded an LP copy for it and figured I was set. On a trip to my Dad's for his surgery, I stopped to check out one of the local pawn shops. I honestly had no intention of even looking at guitars, but I was already there so I checked the basses. On the very end was a T-40, natural and made around 1979. It matched my PAF, they twisted my arm, and you know the rest. The squre is totally dissassembled waiting for a new paint job, and the

I have a feeling you'll relegate the T-40 to daily duty and say "Squire what?" Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blanket

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am

Oh yeah, the T-40 is my main axe now. However I am considering putting a set of T-60 toasters in the squier, and doing away with the logo, that should generate lots of questions. Does anybody know any pluses or minuses for using toasters on a bass?

Lunchbox wrote:
blanket wrote:

I have a feeling you'll relegate the T-40 to daily duty and say "Squire what?" Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunchbox

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:44 am

blanket wrote:
Oh yeah, the T-40 is my main axe now. However I am considering putting a set of T-60 toasters in the squier, and doing away with the logo, that should generate lots of questions. Does anybody know any pluses or minuses for using toasters on a bass?

Lunchbox wrote:
blanket wrote:

I can't swear for certain, but I believe they are the same critter as the T-40 pups. Easy (if you have one of each pickup available) way to check would be to measure the resistance of the coils. HOWEVER part of the charm and tone of the T-40 is the heavy HEAVY wood it is made from, (Northern Ash IIRC) so the Little squire is going to sound a good deal different than a genuine T-40, either way you're going to have fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Double A

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi from Seattle - I just got my T-40 from an Ebay auction. Great site and thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Santi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:50 am

Hi!
Im new member... new?, well, Im ITOC 05-00016.
I had two Peavey T-40 basses from 78 and 79; now I own a nice T-45 from 83; I love this bass.
BTW, Im sorry for the last news about Chip.

Thank you for this forum!

Santi, from Spain
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:05 am

Welcome to the show Santi! Glad to see you on this side. You do have the URL for the current T-60 Forum, right?

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Santi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Thank you Frank; Yes, Im waiting for my forum T60 account activation.

But really I think I will post more often here, since Im bassist.

Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Yes, welcome to the forum....I'm actually getting another T-40 pretty soon...00363438 serial number, which is pretty early. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Santi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:25 am

Thank you friend.

I love T-40 basses, but now I enjoy with the T-45. I like the pickup placement and 21 frets.

Both, T-40 and 45 can get great tones, precise intonation, and I love the neck playbility.

If these instruments were lighter would be perfect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nealpolitan

PostSubject: Just got one today   Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm a proud new member of the T-40 owner's club. Natural finish from 81 or 82. I played one a long time ago and I've kept my eye out for one ever since. Got it for $350, but it and the case are absolutely perfect. They both look brand new (or like someone bought it in 1982 and then stuffed it in a closet and forgot about it). I think I could've talked the guy down, but I was willing to pay that and I hate dickering. Besides, watching how prices have ballooned on Ebay recently made me finally take the leap.

I've only gotten to play with it for a few minutes, but I already like the feel. I've been playing a Danelectro 63 reissue long scale, which weighs about 1/2 what this thing does, but the hollow plywood body vs. the solid chunk of hard wood is no comparison. Glad this forum is here for ??s that may come up.

As a side note, the guy I bought it from (off Craigslist) also had a cool little Musicman HD130 head (the ones with one channel for guitar and one for bass). He was not interested in selling that (he said he bought it brand new and has had it ever since). Sweet little tube power/ss preamp hybrid. I might have to keep an eye out for one of those too, now!

Again, so glad this forum is here. I was looking at a Ric for a while and just couldn't bring myself to drop the cash on one. Also, the forums over at Ric seemed....how you say... not as friendly as they could be. Perhaps it was just my impression. Anyhow, can't wait to play with this thing some more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your T-40! I just took possession of a '78 myself. Delivered today. Letting her acclimate to room temperature before I open the case since it's 5 degrees here....anticipation!!! I can see the Heinze ketchup commercial in my head (some of you might be too young to remember that commercial).

Anyway, you have one of the most versatile, and underrated basses of all time! Sure, she's heavy but oh, the tone.

We'd love to see pics when you get a chance, and Frank N. Peavey would probably like the serial number for his database!

When you mentioned the Ric forums, I'm assuming you're talking about the Rickenbacker forums...or RickResource??? If so, they truly are a great bunch of people. Some RIC owners can be very, shall we say.....snobbish, but not all. I love that forum because I love Rickenbackers too. Anyway, welcome here and play the hell out of that T-40!
Back to top Go down
Santi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 pm

Welcome!
Congrats for your T-40.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankbass

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:25 am

Hi, i'm a new user from Spain.
sorry, my english is very bad.

I love t-40 basses and I have one in red, but the neck has a "corkscrew" and I'm looking for a new neck

Santi wrote:

I love T-40 basses, but now I enjoy with the T-45. I like the pickup placement and 21 frets.

Both, T-40 and 45 can get great tones, precise intonation, and I love the neck playbility.

If these instruments were lighter would be perfect

Hi Santi (or Report Very Happy ), see you in BORG!

Me and my bass
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ankbass
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Welcome to the show! My only T-40 is red as well.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Santi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Mon May 10, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Ankbass, its great to see you here! Very Happy

Un abrazo, amigo, y nimo con el T-40.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristi

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu May 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome! I wish I could tell you all about my T-40 but still haven't got my paws on one. It's the only bass I want to play and will be my first (and likely last - at least as far as models go). I can't wait to start sharing with you about my experiences playing. If anyone hears about a great deal outside of eBay (don't have Paypal or use credit cards) I'd sure love ya for letting me know about it if you're not planning on snagging another up for yourself.

Thanks to everyone for all the content you've submitted here. Really enjoying myself.

Kristi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Fri May 28, 2010 7:01 am

Welcome to the show Kristi. I hope you are able to find that special T-40 soon. I will keep my eyes open locally for you. My local Peavey dealer had an early 80s natural/maple/toaster T-40 for several months, but was looking for $399 on it. It eventually sold to a beginning player. I do stumble onto various T-models at local pawn shops from time to time. Shoot me a PM on the price range you are willing to go and if you have any certain color or pickup combo you prefer.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nate_James

PostSubject: Serial number help!   Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:40 am

Hi everyone,

I have owned a T-40 for a year now and love it to bits. I was curious as to what year it was made. Would anyone be able to help me? The serial number is; 00947712. It has a natural finish and the toaster pickups.

Cheers

Nate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:11 am

Hi Nate,

Welcome to the forum. According to the Peavey serial number database (which isn't entirely accurate) your bass was built in either 1979 or 1980.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Welcome to the show Nate.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members   

Back to top Go down

New Members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3