New Members

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OzarkRifleman

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:47 pm

High Elbows wrote:
OzarkRifleman wrote:
slap some Super Slinky's on that puppy and you'll fall in love! TRUST me!

OH and BTW, Pete, I LOVE that avatar!

Thanks! Are you a DT fan?

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Oh yeah!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ozark_dogfighter
High Elbows

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 pm

OzarkRifleman wrote:
High Elbows wrote:
OzarkRifleman wrote:
slap some Super Slinky's on that puppy and you'll fall in love! TRUST me!

OH and BTW, Pete, I LOVE that avatar!

Thanks! Are you a DT fan?

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

Oh yeah!

NICE!!! I read the whole series twice already. I am also working on a Dark Tower tattoo sleeve. I have my avatar picture, the rose, and the man in black drawing the tarot cards on my lower arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OzarkRifleman

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:53 pm

Oh man sweet. Send a pic to me when you can.

I think I may name my project T-40 "Gunslinger". It's gonna be SERIOUS! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ozark_dogfighter
High Elbows

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:56 pm

OzarkRifleman wrote:
Oh man sweet. Send a pic to me when you can.

I think I may name my project T-40 "Gunslinger". It's gonna be SERIOUS! Cool

Very cool! I will....

GREAT idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
High Elbows

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey everyone... check out my new post in the T-40 discussion thread. Watch my project unfold...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goodlawdy

PostSubject: New Member Here!   Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Just wanted to add myself to the proud ranks here. After years of admiring the mighty T-40 on many a pawn shop wall, I now am an owner.
My tale of acquisition:

I saw one on craigslist here in Fort Worth for $125 obo and couldn't pick the phone up quick enough. Called the guy, who said "I just pawned it for $80 man, I'll go to the pawn shop tomorrow with you, you pay the pawn and give me $20." I took the guy to the pawn shop and did just that. Rough part of town too. The pawn shop wouldn't let me test it before paying for it, but I thought it would be worth it, and it is.

It's a 1979 with some wear but the electronics work fine. It needs a set up, but man what a tone!

Thanks for a great site.

David
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/adventureriverband
NOZHX

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 pm

welcome to this comunity,,, the best for T40 fans!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:38 am

Welcome to the show David! And congrats on your new T-40. cheers

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
goodlawdy

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:32 pm

Glad to be here. This thing's a beast! I hear a lot of people complaining about a lot of basses being low volume on the G string. NOT the case with this one. I'm not changing a thing there. The tone controls don't always do what you might think either. A little adjustment on the neck pickup tone and wham, you got a different sound altogether!

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
goodlawdy

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Not to steal this site's thunder, but there is some ongoing T-40 discussion here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482874&highlight=t40&page=14

Nice lookin' translucent red one.
Back to top Go down
kjpollo

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 pm

Hey guys, my name's Ken and I just recently picked up a T-40 that I believe is a 79. Although I live in CT, I got it from a Music Go Round in Davenport, Iowa!! Gotta love the internet!

Anyway, its a standard natural/maple model. It shows some wear but its not abused. The electronics work perfectly though I believe the switches have been swapped out at some point.
I have 2 questions for everyone:
First, how does the pickup selector switch NORMALLY work? Mine seems to be backwards which is why I think it was swapped out. When its pointing toward the neck pickup, the bridge pickup is "on" and vice versa.

Second-where is a reliable place to go to verify a serial # and get the age of my bass? I gotta think mine's QUITE old because it says "Patent Applied For" on the headstock.

Any info woudl be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ken

Last edited by kjpollo on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a typo)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Welcome to the show Ken. I love Music Go Round, great deals on gear for sure.

Down should be the bridge, up should be the neck. If yours seems out of whack, just pop the pickguard, loosen the switch and rotate it. I've done that on a few guitars over the years.

We've got a serial number matrix over at the T-60 Forum that you can use to get a good idea. Peavey didn't keep good records back in the day and even they aren't 100% sure of the age of instruments.

Check your serial number here:
Second-where is a reliable place to go to verify a serial # and get the age of my bass? I gotta think mine's QUITE old because it says "Patent Applied For" on the headstock.

Any info woudl be appreciated!http://www.peaveyt60.com/howold.htm

You can also join up at the Peavey forum and request a serial number search.
http://forums.peavey.com/

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s, T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tallredwookie

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Hey guys...just picked up a '82 Black with a maple neck. Can't wait to play this baby. It is missing a knob....anyone know where I can find one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:21 am

Welcome to the show! Check this thread out. There's a link in there for a great source for T-series parts. The owner is a member here and is a great guy to deal with.

http://peaveyt40.forumotion.com/links-f7/source-for-t-series-parts-t30.htm

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
T40Prague

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:45 pm

Hello everybody here on forum.My name is Martin and I am new bee here.I played the T-40 for first time when I was 13 years old.Friend of my father was a bassplayer in a local dance band. He borrows his bass to me time to time...It was T40 with rosewood fingerboard,maple neck and ivory finished body.That instrument was a pretty fantastic for me..I have to say that I was born in Czechoslovakia/Europe and it was not usual to buy an instrument from "capitalist" country.I can say that experience with this instrument was my first step to become a bass player.
Now ,after 22 years I found one of T-40 on an advertisement website here in Czech republic.I bought my new toy today.It is a natural finished one with a maple neck.
The bass is in a mint condition except wiring .I have to replace potentiometers and switches.I already wrote to Rene at Vintagegitaar.nl and asked him fot switches .I need help with a potentiometers.Can anybody tell me if its possible to buy original ones somewhere?Or replacement ones?Thanks for help.Best regards!Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kopjazz.cz
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:24 am

Welcome to the show Martin! And congratulations on grabbing a T-40 for yourself. Rene is a great guy to deal with. I have been looking for a source of pots for a T-project myself. No luck so far.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:26 am

Forgot to mention...

I changed my name from PT43 to Frank N. Peavey.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
clc0000

PostSubject: new members   Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm new to the forum, Chris from near Memphis Tennessee. I'm a beginner bassist, well sortof. I've had a student short scale for several years and have been so frustrated that I would leave it sitting up for months on end. I begged my wife into an early birthday present when someone who didn't know what he had sold me a 1982 T-40 for $125.00 so he wouldn't have to carry it back home to Chicago. Both the switches were broken off but I've replaced one and waiting on the other one to come in. It is not perfect but is not banged up. It's white with a maple board and a black pickguard. I knew the first time I plugged in to my amp that I had a winner. This forum is great. It has been so informative. Thanks guys, for setting this up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:33 am

Welcome to the show Chris! I'm originally from west Tennessee myself. Paris.

Congrats on a great deal on the T-40!

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NOZHX

PostSubject: hehehehe   Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:04 am

we wanna pix!!!! we wanna pix!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hand amputation

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:23 pm

My name is Robby and I finally got my first T-40.

GREAT Site! I learned so much and I have definitely been bitten by the T-40 bug! I want a black one and a sunburst one!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:22 am

Welcome to the show Robby and congrats on your first T-40!

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hand amputation

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:09 am

Thank you! A very cool site here. I too found it on a whim, and boy has it given me lots of good info!

I got my T-40 with OHSC in trade for a Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass that I picked up on ebay for $150. Not a bad trade if I do say so myself! The action is a bit high but ah well.. I already want another one!! I sure do like the sunburst with maple neck. That's my only complaint about the one I have. I wish it was maple.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 am

I'd do that trade in a heart beat myself!

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
knuge

PostSubject: Re: New Members   Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Howdy,

I have played a T-60 since I was 13, and acquired a T-40 in my early 20's. She had needed some work from the beginning, but I never had the extra money to make it happen. 8 years later, I got the loot to revitalize this fat bottomed girl, and here she is:

What pickup/tone settings do you all like to play with? I'm still feeling her out and would love to learn of some good starting points.

Thanks,
Knuge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Members   

Back to top Go down

New Members
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next