THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No bass yet, Update: got one now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bett

No bass yet,   Update: got one now Empty
PostSubject: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 2:04 pm

I recently became interested in bass guitars. I've never really liked guitars before. I took lessons for acoustic guitar, but I didn't like chords, too many strings to think about at once. Earlier this month I got the idea to get a bass (probably from playing guitar hero and listening to Queen). I started playing around with one of our old acoustic guitars. I kind of play it like a bass. I was wondering what kind of bass to get and I looked around on eBay and other places. Then one day, while searching for basses with natural finishes, I noticed a Peavey T-40 on eBay. On some other pages I found a bunch more. I researched it and now I think this is the one I want. Almost every review I read said good things about it. Now all I have left to do is find one. The first two I found on eBay went for $255 and $260, but by the time I decided I wanted a T-40, they were gone. The one I was looking at yesterday went for $460. I found a fretless one this morning that was gone within a few hours. This might be harder than I expected, though I hope to get one soon.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wanderlusterer

wanderlusterer

PostSubject: Re: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:43 am

Bett,

I personally wouldn't worry about trying to find one! There are still plenty of good ones left, you just gotta have some patience! I'll admit, I over spent on both T40's I own, but one is downright pristine and the other I feel, had been suckered into by false info. HOWEVER, if you just type in "Peavey T40" into google, I guarantee that you'll find at least 3 people off of craigslist who have one for sale and a few on ebay. Just keep looking and be patient...you'll get one soon enough!
Back to top Go down
Bett

PostSubject: Re: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:23 am

I have found a bunch already, but they either cost more than I'm willing to pay, or they've already been sold. I was told about one in a store in Maryland and I have contacted them. It's $280 with the original case. I will hopefully purchase it sometime soon. I also did get an email from someone selling their T-40 and I said if they had a better deal than the one I already found, I'd consider it. So yeah, the T-40s are out there, just have to wait for the right one.
Back to top Go down
Bett

PostSubject: Re: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:00 pm

I ordered the $280 T-40 last Thursday and I got it today. It's from 1982. I was originally looking for a 70s model, but I got a good offer for this one. Now I'm just waiting for the amp and other things to come (they should be here tomorrow). The bass had a thumb rest on it, but one screw wasn't in all the way. I was planning on taking it off at first (saw it in the picture), but then thought I could leave it on for now. Then when I got it today I noticed the screw problem, but I couldn't tighten it since both screw heads were stripped. So I managed to take the screws out. I was going to put new ones in, but I couldn't find any the right size, so I decided to leave the thumb rest off for now. I put a bit of beeswax over the holes so they're not that visible. The only other thing was that the black plastic around the neck pickup was cracked just at the corner at the screw, but that's nothing major. Overall it's in good condition with few scratches and just one of the bridge saddles has a bit of pits in the chrome. Finally got my bass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kevdel

kevdel

PostSubject: Re: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Bett, I'm glad you finally got it. I know it will serve you well for many years to come. If you decide to put the thumb rest back on, take the old screws to Home Depot or Lowes and they should be able to match it with something close.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendswithyouband.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No bass yet, Update: got one now   No bass yet,   Update: got one now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No bass yet, Update: got one now
Page 1 of 1