THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slap bass and the T40

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ozrider

Slap bass and the T40 Empty
PostSubject: Slap bass and the T40   Slap bass and the T40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 12:23 am

Anybody have trouble popping with that neck pu pretty much in the way... I was thinking of taking out the front pickup and rewiring/new pick guard etc. Anybody ever done that? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Slap bass and the T40   Slap bass and the T40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 7:00 am

Hey oz,

I'm not much of a slap/pop player but I can see the front pickup being a nuisance. Interesting idea. You might want to find a good T-45. Basically the same bass with one pickup, in the middle position. Great bass.

If you do decide to get rid of the front pickup, I'd be more than willing to buy it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
ozrider

PostSubject: Re: Slap bass and the T40   Slap bass and the T40 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:24 am

Never seen a T45 down here in Australia, in fact never seen a T40 till I picked this up on Ebay. Nice try re: pu... sorry but I think I would have to keep it as a spare. I spoke to my tech/repair guy and he said he'd do the conversion...

does the T45 sound like the T40 on the back pu's?

I have only tonight figured out that I can get the bass to go from humbucking to single coil mode... confused I don't think I have put enough energy into figuring this bass out. Funny bloody tone selector it selects humbucking or sc mode. I thought it was just that they were faulty that it didnt seem to do much sharpening up of the tone - hilarious..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slap bass and the T40   Slap bass and the T40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slap bass and the T40
Page 1 of 1