THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
emericaSKATER22

Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) Empty
PostSubject: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 pm

and tips or idea's on how to get it close if possible to a wal bass? Thanks:)
Back to top Go down
58mark

58mark

PostSubject: Re: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:04 am

I was going to write a smart ass sarcastic comment, but instead i'll ask what the qualities and characteristics of the wal you want to emulate?
Back to top Go down
emericaSKATER22

PostSubject: Re: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Now i kinda wonder what you would have said.. lol but i was going for Justins wal from Tool.
Back to top Go down
58mark

58mark

PostSubject: Re: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 6:24 pm

but what qualities would day those are? describe the sound

keep in mind that most recordings have so much post production processing in them that a good engineer can make any bass sound like anything between a MTD and a classic fender Pbass with flatwounds. Doesn't have much to do with the bass
Back to top Go down
fullybakedbear

PostSubject: Re: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:56 pm

I don't know Tool's bassist well but in the late 90s I was chasing Geddy's Wal sound and I've actually thought about doing this mod to a T-40 as it should give a nifty sound difference and lighten the bass.

If you rout out a 3rd pickup cavity in the middle where the Wal's pickup is, you could probably get someone like Buzzardsbass.com to make you a guard with the pickup moved back. Basically a 50$ mod that gets you at least a placebo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)   Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can i get my T-40 to sound like a Wal (Justin's from Tool)
Page 1 of 1