THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geddy Lee - bass tone test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scalerwave

Geddy Lee - bass tone test Empty
PostSubject: Geddy Lee - bass tone test   Geddy Lee - bass tone test I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi all,

Newbie member and T-40 Owner

I'm working on a Youtube cover collab of Red Barchetta so I've been working on getting a Geddy Lee bass tone which is harder than I thought it would be. I tried a SR500 but it didn't sound right so I tried a Fender J Bass. It sounded pretty good but then I heard that a T-40 could emulate a 4003 and checked out some YT vids. I was really impressed with it in general and started looking. I found a guy selling one locally and bought it today, got it home and fixed it up.

The bridge pickup was broken so I fixed that and put new DR HiBeam strings on it. The frets were tarnished so I shined them up and buffed up the pick guard.

Whoever owned it, somehow lost most of the pickguard screws and just stuck anything he could find in for a screw... idiot... so I got a pack of new pickguard screws from the local music store.

I tweaked the bass to get as close to a Rick 4003 sound as possible and used Line 6 Gearbox to do the rest.

Hmm looks like I can't post the link to the sound file...

Link Here:

T-40 S# 00983752
Back to top Go down

Geddy Lee - bass tone test
Page 1 of 1