THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chasers85

An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family Empty
PostSubject: An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family   An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 am

Hi everyone!

I'm about 12 hours away from owning my first T40, and after checking this site out, I can't wait! I used to play a Schecter about 7 years ago, but had to sell all my bass stuff to pay for rent (isn't college great?) and was recently called by an old friend from high school that he was starting a cover band and needed a bassist. While looking for a new bass that could give a great 70's rock tone I came across an ad on craigslist for a 1979 T40 that's in great condition for $175, and after reading glowing reviews all over the internet, I decided it would be my next bass. I was torn between that and an Ibanez SGX500, and you guys talked me into the Peavy. I can't wait to play it and let everyone know how it goes.

It's great to know that there is a community just for the T40, and I hope to have great bass talk with you guys and gals as time goes on.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family   An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:20 am

Be sure to let us know what you think of it when you get it.
Back to top Go down
Chasers85

PostSubject: Re: An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family   An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Well I got home about 40 minutes ago, and am I blown away. The action, feel, and tone out of this bad boy is fantastic. I'm running it through an old Kustom II 60 watt bass amp and it just sounds great. The sustain on this sucker is crazy! I could probably strike one string at the beginning of a gig and get through the whole set without touching it again! Well, time to get some honey-do's finished then back to rockin' and rollin'.

Post Script: I'm sure it's been asked here a hundred times, but later tonight I wanna look up the serial number to find out the actual date made and what not. What's the easiest way to do it?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family   An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Peavey no longer does serial number checks. Something about their database getting corrupted and no backup data.

That being said, there is an unofficial serial number matrix floating around the Net. I think I saw a copy of it on wikipedia not too long ago.

When Peavey was still doing serial number checks I only had one guitar come back with a date different than I had determined from that matrix.

You can email or PM your serial number to me and I'll let you know what year it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family   An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An (Almost) New Member to the T40 Family
Page 1 of 1