THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New member saying Hello

Go down 
+2
OzarkRifleman
fullybakedbear
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fullybakedbear

New member saying Hello Empty
PostSubject: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 am

Hey everyone. I just found this and am happy. The only basses I've ever owned are 3 T-40s (still have two) and a 6 string washburn fretless i got cheap.

I'm very happy to know there are people out there who appreciate the bass.

I'll try and post pictures as I get them working well again. I havent' played them in years and had neck fusion last year so the weight is an issue but I do love them to death

Bass 1 - Sunburst - Rosewood. Stole it from a bud in highschool (1987), well, didnt return it i guess. Don't lynch me but I botched a fretless conversion and the bass is gone to the winds. I could be wrong and still have the neck around, at least the hardware but I screwed up and can't make it whole again. I'm sorry.

Bass 2 Sunburst with Rosewood - my main axe. Hacked the pickuard off at some point (prolly to work on electronics without restringing. Decent condition but I mistreat my stuff so i'm sure there are numerous gings and scratches. Signed by the Flecktones. Victor's is on the lower bout and as little slap as I do, it's still wearing off. Bela's still intact

Bass 3 - maple on maple - a friends dad is borrowing it to learn to play but I've got it strung piccolo for a while now.

Thanks for reading, thanks for having me 'round.
Back to top Go down
OzarkRifleman

OzarkRifleman

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Welcome to the brotherhood! We're nuts about T-40's here and we even have some hacks (Scott?), so make yourself at home!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ozark_dogfighter
brem

brem

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:50 pm

Words mean nothing. Post a picture! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://martinbreton.com
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:29 pm

Welcome to the forum fullybakedbear! Sounds like a cool trio you have. Pics are essential Very Happy We all love showing off our basses here.

Yes, I'm a hack...and damn proud of it! Not only a hack player but a hack restorer. I do love working on project/neglected basses to make them beautiful again, especially T-40s. I just got into refinishing and it's been a blast.

Glad you found us, we're happy to have you here Smile

Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
High Elbows

High Elbows

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:41 pm

From one new member to another... Welcome! This place is great isn't it?
Back to top Go down
ajish4

ajish4

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:28 am

WELCOME!

"Tis a wonderful place with great people.

I've never seen so many helpful guys willing to lend a hand to get these old girls back in the swing.
Back to top Go down
fullybakedbear

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:04 pm

Well, I got fired today by my insane boss and have to move myself across the state to Talahassee to live with my mother and restart my life AGAIN at 39 years old. I'll get pics asap, but I think I'm going to have to sell my T-40s. It's maybe the saddest part of today but I'm about to be in the big bind of 2008 like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
ajish4

ajish4

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news Fullybaked.....what part of Florida are you in?

I'm in Stuart, just north of West Palm.

What kind of work do you do? Things are popping pretty good over on the east coast of FL.

Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Damn, that's a shame. Positive vibes and mojo being sent out to you from me here in North Dakota.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
High Elbows

High Elbows

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 pm

Sorry to hear that man... keep your head up, and don't be hasty in selling those T-40s. Sometimes change is for the best, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member saying Hello   New member saying Hello I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member saying Hello
Page 1 of 1