THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kind of a long question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ace_Jocelyn

Kind of a long question Empty
PostSubject: Kind of a long question   Kind of a long question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 am

However, I'd appreciate if someone could answer it for me. I'm currently looking at a t40 on craigslist, the description: "I have just re-wired it to factory specs with new switches and copper shielding."

I actually play through a Music-Man HD-130 head right now and I am wondering if the t40 will be louder than my current bass, a standard Mexican fender jazz bass. You see, when I first tried out the Music-Man (which I also purchased on craigslist) I played on an American jazz bass (or I'm 85% sure it was, if memory serves me correctly) and it was substantially louder than my crappy Mex j-bass. I couldn't even get past 3 on the volume without it shaking the walls of the guys house. Now on my j-bass I have to turn up to about 8 to be heard just barely but with that I get crazy amounts of distortion. Basically my question is, will the t40 be louder than the Mex j-bass?

Back to top Go down
NGPeavey

PostSubject: Re: Kind of a long question   Kind of a long question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 pm

As far as volume, I don't know. All I know is I traded my T40 in on a mex J bass, and hated it. I went back and bought my T40 back, got rid of the mex J bass, and am glad that I did. I won't make that mistake again. You just can't beat a T40 for sound. Maybe for volume you need something with active pick-ups. The only draw back to T40s are the weight. They are heavy and take getting used to. I have several basses and play the T40 more than any of them. I know this didn't answer your question. Glenn
Back to top Go down
Ace_Jocelyn

PostSubject: Re: Kind of a long question   Kind of a long question I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 3:10 am

hahaha yeah its ok, I'm now the proud owner of a T-40 anyways Smile I haven't had a chance to try it out on my musicman yet but I'm anxiously waiting till then! I'm actually surprised about how light it is. Since that seems to be everyone's biggest complaint I was expecting about a half ton of pure bass weighing down on my shoulders but that's definitely not the case. Thanks for the input anyways!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kind of a long question   Kind of a long question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kind of a long question
Page 1 of 1