THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of finish is on the t series?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

What kind of finish is on the t series? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:05 pm

I'm not sure, but it seems like whatever was on mine is about gone. Seems very soft to the touch and very uncracked, unlike poly. So whats it made of?
Back to top Go down
T-40
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:10 pm

Perhaps you could ask this over at the official peavey forums, they are pretty good about answering questions. Let us know what you find out!
Back to top Go down
https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 2:22 pm

Hey I was think I read some place it the bodys went into the spray booth for a shot of urathane???? I guess we could ask Chip what they used
Back to top Go down
KCR

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 4:34 pm

The owner's manual on the Peavey website says it has a polyester/urethane finish.

http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=0&term=t40
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2007 9:53 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere that they originally developed some kind of finish that would dry in a few minutes and be as hard as a rock, but they had to go to the poly finish because the humidity in the factory gummed up the spraying equipment with the finish that they were using.
Back to top Go down
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:54 am

Well what ever Chip used it does not dry in his guns he leaves it in them when he is finished and they dont clog up the gun?????? Im thinking urathane
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of finish is on the t series?   What kind of finish is on the t series? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of finish is on the t series?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: