THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

red/rosewood

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

red/rosewood Empty
PostSubject: red/rosewood   red/rosewood I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:53 am

Okay, so this isn't exactly about T-40s. But it is about a red/rosewood/blade T-60 that matches my T-40.

As most of you know I'm one of the founding members of the International T-60 Owner's Club (ITOC) and a moderator for T-60 Mafia as well as here.

As most of you know I have a weakness for red guitars and basses. You probably already know that red/rosewood is my holy grail. You've seen my T-40 and you get the idea.

Okay... so a while back discussion was brought up at T-60 Mafia about a red/rosewood T-60 for sale in a city that I used to live in. Much like everyone else I am broke and couldn't afford to get it despite it being my holy grail.

Discussion went on for weeks and a joke was made about people making donations so that I could buy this guitar. I never took this serious and laughed it off as a good joke.

Well... yesterday I went to the post office to pick up something that ITOC had sent me. You guessed it. Someone or multiple someones in ITOC purchased that red/rosewood T-60 we had been discussing and shipped it to me.

Needless to say I am overwhelmed at the generosity of those involved in this. I have always said that ITOC and the T-60 Mafia was like family to me. This confirms what I already knew. The guys and gals in ITOC and T-60 Mafia are top notch.

So... I want to publicly thank everyone involved in purchasing and shipping my holy grail to me. You know how happy this made me. If they want to remain anonymous I can handle that, but I want them to know how deeply touched and grateful I am.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

red/rosewood Empty
PostSubject: Re: red/rosewood   red/rosewood I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Wow Tony, that's an amazing thing. The folks over on the old ITOC forum and the new Mafia are great people so I'm not surprised about this. Gotta see pics of that beauty with your T-40. cheers

And I must throw this out to you as I always do....if you EVER decide to sell the T-40....I'm first in line, right??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

red/rosewood Empty
PostSubject: Re: red/rosewood   red/rosewood I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 am

Yes sir Scott, you are first in line if I ever decide to let Sonia leave my herd.

It was an amazing thing. I still don't know who was behind the actual purchase and I'm guessing they want to remain anonymous 'cause Kevin ain't spilling any info despite my best efforts.

I am going to shoot a few T-shots today. I plan on a side by side of Sonia and Scarlett for sure. Then gotta do a T-series group photo.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

red/rosewood Empty
PostSubject: Re: red/rosewood   red/rosewood I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:17 pm

I don't have a way to host the picture thanks to Geocities being taken down. However, I do have the shot on this thread at the T-60 Mafia forum.

http://www.houstonmusicreview.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=666
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

red/rosewood Empty
PostSubject: Re: red/rosewood   red/rosewood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

red/rosewood
Page 1 of 1