THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
egiles

egiles

Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:01 pm

Hello All... I'm a newbie here.
Let me introduce myself:
I'm a 39 YO Mexican guy, started playing bass at the age of 16, and kept playing for 10 years until I got married. I left my passion for a few years, and restarted a couple of months ago.
I started playing an Old crappy Sonatone Bass (I think was Japanese). After, I got a Yamaha (RBX something), which I modified with DiMarzio pickups and a Khaler tremolo, but I quit playing and sold that stuff.
When decided to restart playing, I looked around for several easy-to-find-mid-price brands down here (Yamaha, Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez), but not willing to spend too much cash, and I went for a Yamaha RBX270J.
The reasons for this decision were I don't like Fenders (everybody have one); Ibanez (nah, don't like it); Gibson (expensive), so, for a starter, the Yamaha was cool price wise, but then, something happened:
I found a jewel: '87 Peavey Foundation bass (superferrite pups) , and I fell in love with it.
So I started to learn and look around for more 80's Peavey basses, and a guy offered me one '83 T40 bass (White with black pickguard), and when I tested it, WOW What a mean machine! So I traded the Yamaha for the T-40, which was a good deal for me.
Had to replace the toggle switches (both were in bad shape), change the pickguard (lots of scratches and the B/W combination was not my hit) and the ferrules (one was missing), adjust it and now sounds great and I’m happy with my two toys!
I placed a Mirror Red pickguard (I keep the old one). Here’s how it looks now:
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0475
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0482
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0483
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0488
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0486
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0481
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0484

Obviously the case is not the original one, but it works for me, and the look is cool as well. I just found for a cheap price another T-40 (kinda) which the neck was replaced with a “generic” Fender-ish neck. Got it for like $100-somehting bucks. I plan to make it a project (paint, etc) and will try to find a Peavey neck to make it look as original as I can. This is the one coming to me:
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! T401
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! T40
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! T402
Well, I think that’s all for now… I may be asking for some help in case someone has a neck willing to sell, or if someone can recommend where to look (someone willing to ship to Mexico) or, worst case scenario, which neck can be suitable to use, will be great.
I owe you all the pics of my Foundation (I keep the T40 at my office and the Foundation at home and servimg.com is not working!!).

Thanks all!

PS… any idea what happened with the Peavey Bassment forum?

UPDATE JULY 8TH
WELL... NOW EACH ONE HAS A NAME... THE FOUNDATION BLACK IS "ICHI", THE T40 WHITE ONE IS "IZO", AND THE NEWEST T40 IS "GOZU"... AND HERE IS IT!!!
Background... as you may remeber, I got a new one, which was really beaten, with an ugly Federish neck, the wood was dirty and electronics incorrectly connecter... well, I worked the electronics, the paint, and here are some Pics of the process
Redoing the Electronics and shieding the pickguard:
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0502
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0504
PaintjoB and change of heasdstock shape, aswell making the neck thinner (1 1/2 at nut) using Ichi's neck (Foundation) as "mold"
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0518
Internal shielding
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0519
And today I placed back the Pickguard, and looks like this
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0521
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0520
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0515
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0512
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0528
Now I need to place the strings, adjust, and the MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD WILL BE COMPLETE!!

TY!
and now looks like this:

Last edited by egiles on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NEW T40 CUSTOM UPDATED)
Back to top Go down
http://www.remcal.com
drob24

drob24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Welcome and sweet T-40's!! I really love the white one with the red pickguard!! I can not wait for pics of the Foundation!!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Very nice pics!

Scott took the Bassment down a couple months back.
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Here is the Foundation   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:31 am

Frank... it's sad the Bassment went down... I did not post a lot on it, but was a nice source for other Peavey weapons...
Any way to rcover the posts? There was quite useful info there. Maybe we could open here a space for other Peavey basses and place some of those posts there
Also, the T-60 page is down... :s

Well... here is the Foundation!

The paint is kinda beaten, need to send it to my Luthier for a paint, but my concern is the Headstock... with all the lines and the details, is difficult, beside I like the vintage look!
OH, and I need a case for it! hehehe
The neck is the best part f it... 1 1/2 inches! perfecto for my small hands!
Pups, WOW, Superferrite, compete head to head against any active bass...
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0489
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0490
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0491
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0496
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0494
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0492
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0493
Back to top Go down
drob24

drob24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 am

Nice foundation!!!! Thanks for the pics!!! I would leave it as is. It is suppose to look aged. Nice collection you have there. Someday I want to own the same two models.
Back to top Go down
NOZHX

NOZHX

PostSubject: Hey!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

q onda paisano, aki reportandome, excelentes fotos, el T-40 luce de lujo con el pickguard rojo... yo tengo en mi poder un T-40 82, es bueno saber que hay otro mex en este foro, (creo q somos los unicos pale ) yo soy de Merida, el foundation esta de miedo,,, un abrazo y seguimos en contacto!!!

si quieres oir el T-40 en grabacion cheka una de las bandas en las que estoy www.myspace.com/saybandmerida
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 am

NOZHX wrote:
q onda paisano, aki reportandome, excelentes fotos, el T-40 luce de lujo con el pickguard rojo... yo tengo en mi poder un T-40 82, es bueno saber que hay otro mex en este foro, (creo q somos los unicos pale ) yo soy de Merida, el foundation esta de miedo,,, un abrazo y seguimos en contacto!!!

si quieres oir el T-40 en grabacion cheka una de las bandas en las que estoy www.myspace.com/saybandmerida

Que onda Paisano!! Si, creo que somos los únicos Aztecas que andamos por acá! Chido que aca encontremos a la raza!
Ya escuche las rolas de tu banda, y ese bebe que tienes, suena con madre!
Ya cuando tenga algo armado con mis bandmates, subiré algo... hehehe... apenas estamos organizandonos!
N'ombre, tu T40 se ve de lujo! No se si has notado, pero de un tiempo aca los Peavey de los 80's, estan subiendo de precio como locos!
Hay un cuate en Sinaloa que esta vendiendo uno, se ve padre, en $6,000.00 pesos... hijole... me esta tentando el Diablo... hehehehe... igual le escribo a este compa y si no o ha ronado en un par de semanas, me aloco y lo compro... hehehhe
Aqui esta...

http://www.tuaviso.com.mx/anuncio/instrumentosmusicales/2009-06-04/2896941/bajo_peavey_t_40_solo_los_mejores.html

For the English spoken, in Mexico a guy is selling this T40 for something like $470.00

If you are interested, send this guy an email, the bass looks nice... Me or NOZHX can act as translators! If not, I'll go for it... hehehh.. this is becoming a vice!
Back to top Go down
drob24

drob24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:28 am

That T-40 for sale in Mexico looks nice!! You should snag it!!! All the traffic we are getting on this forum is great!!! Lets keep it up!!!
Back to top Go down
NOZHX

NOZHX

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 11:59 am

Quote :
N'ombre, tu T40 se ve de lujo! No se si has notado, pero de un tiempo aca los Peavey de los 80's, estan subiendo de precio como locos!

definitivamente hermano, creo q por el movimiento indie (ya ves que todo lo quieren en "vintage" y los bajos peavey los estan redescubriendo por ponchados y baratos, gracias por tus comentarios de la banda... tengo tambien un Peavey RJ-IV (Randy Jackson Custom) activo.

6mil varos!!!! si que se esta disparando el precio....

un abrazo y seguimos por aqui, aki audio de mi otra banda... grabado con el RJ-IV jejeje (asi o mas fan de Peavey? www.myspace.com/invitromusiclab

PD,. de ampli tengo un Peavey Basic 112 75wtts cual es el tuyo?
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:27 pm

drob24 wrote:
That T-40 for sale in Mexico looks nice!! You should snag it!!! All the traffic we are getting on this forum is great!!! Lets keep it up!!!

Would love to, but ran out of funds being my Zoom B2.1x burned after a thunderstorm (Damn defective electrical installation!) so I had to replace it with individual Stompboxes (Compressor, Eq, Wah, ODrive and Chorus) and the money is gone...
Sent the T40 guy an email, and if he still have it by my BDay (July 14th--- Bastille Day--- RUSH!) I may get it as a self-present!... iIf not, every Tuesday there's a Musical Instrument Flea Market down here, so I can scout for another T40 or, who knows, a Fretless Foundation!

Rock ON!
Back to top Go down
.Viktor Bassenstein.

.Viktor Bassenstein.

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Nice white T-40. Thats a cool wood ash one too. Funny to see the neck changed on there. Dont know ho wi would feel about owning it though. I probably would smash it to bits after plaing a gig for fun. Just kidding. Anyone want to buy a T-40 from me? BUY IT!
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:47 pm

.Viktor Bassenstein. wrote:
Nice white T-40. Thats a cool wood ash one too. Funny to see the neck changed on there. Dont know ho wi would feel about owning it though. I probably would smash it to bits after plaing a gig for fun. Just kidding. Anyone want to buy a T-40 from me? BUY IT!

Hey Viktor... I dont' think that Fenderish neck will last too much... Wanna replace it or at least change the headstock shape... we'll see.. hehehe...
Tempting, Tempting.. which one are you seeling from all your basses? (I've seen those in the forum... all looks neat hehehe) and how much do you want for it? I hope you are willing to ship to Mexico, or if not, maybe you want to ship to our office in Warrington PA and then, ask them to ship it to me...

Again, maybe for my BDay will get anotehr one, who knows... hehehe

Take Care!
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:52 pm

NOZHX wrote:
Quote :

definitivamente hermano, creo q por el movimiento indie (ya ves que todo lo quieren en "vintage" y los bajos peavey los estan redescubriendo por ponchados y baratos, gracias por tus comentarios de la banda... tengo tambien un Peavey RJ-IV (Randy Jackson Custom) activo.

6mil varos!!!! si que se esta disparando el precio....

un abrazo y seguimos por aqui, aki audio de mi otra banda... grabado con el RJ-IV jejeje (asi o mas fan de Peavey? www.myspace.com/invitromusiclab

PD,. de ampli tengo un Peavey Basic 112 75wtts cual es el tuyo?

Si, los indies andan como locos, lo bueno es que se van mas sobre Fender y Gibson...
El Randy Jackson esta padre, vendian hace meses un azul y un rosa como el tuyo...

De equipo tengo en casa un Peavey Minx 110, en la oficina un Laney de 15 watts y ensayo con un Peavey TNT (no me acuerdo el modelo) es de unos 80 watts.

Pedales tengo Behringer y Boss, de batalla y suenan bien!

Oye, cuando toquen en el DF avisame para ir a verlos!

Cuidate Man!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:37 am

egiles wrote:
Frank... it's sad the Bassment went down... I did not post a lot on it, but was a nice source for other Peavey weapons...
Any way to rcover the posts? There was quite useful info there. Maybe we could open here a space for other Peavey basses and place some of those posts there
Also, the T-60 page is down... :s

I see no reason why we can't discuss the other fine Peavey basses on this Forum.

The original T-60 page and forum are gone. No need to dig into the reasons why that happened. We have a new T-60 Forum.

http://t60mafia.com/
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 am

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
I see no reason why we can't discuss the other fine Peavey basses on this Forum.
Cool Frank! Let me think what info I have of my Foundation to share, and maybe other guys want to share on other Peavey basses, even Amps and other Gear!

Thanks, will check the T60 mafia forum!

Nice day all!
Back to top Go down
egiles

egiles

PostSubject: The TRIAD   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Here are the best pics of each
ICHI, the first one, an '87 Foundation
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0489
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0490
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0492

IZO, an '83 T40
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0475
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0482
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0483

and
GOZU, a T40... year... mmm dunno, the neck was notoriginal, but should be '79 to '81, being it has the small toggle swithces and the pickguard with white dots in Vols and Tones... tell me if I'm right pls
Gozu BEFORE
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! T401
Gozu now
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0521
Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! HPIM0518
Again, neck was not the original, so it was reshaped, and now it's 1 1/2 inches at nut.

Thanks for checking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!   Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Mexico! UPDATE JULY 8TH MEXICAN PEAVEY TRIAD!!!
Page 1 of 1