THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40

Go down 
+2
el duderino
freeridstylee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 Empty
PostSubject: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:06 pm

Hi all, I just joined the club. Purchased a t 40 at a used music store for 290 w/o the case. So yea I spent way too much, but i needed a bass, and it really played better then any other bass on the wall. Even the $600 warwick. Its a 78, and full of buckle rash, but the action is just right. All the electronics are perfect. I love the roll off tone/coil tap thing. Really makes me want to sell my tele and get a t-40. Anyway just wanted to say hello to all.

Also is there a good place to get a nut cover? How about pick guards?

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 7:31 pm

Welcome to the forum.

A pickguard should be fairly easy to come by. I know that http://www.wdmusic.com/ sells T-40 pickguards, and I'm pretty sure that there are a few others, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

As for a trussrod cover, I don't know of any places that sell them outricght, but you might be able to get a custom pickguard manufacturer (like pickguardian or Jeannie's) to make you one. Or, they do pop up on ebay from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 8:26 pm

Hey Free,

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of T-40's!!!! Like dude said, T-40 pickguards are pretty easy to come by. I have had pickguards done for my Rickenbacker by Pickguardian and they're fantastic. Ask for Tony, he's a great guy. I'm not sure if he has a template for a 40.

As far as truss rod cover, I have an extra one from a T-20 that will fit just fine. It's solid black though. The T-40 ones have the black/white/black on the edges.

PM me your address if you want it, it's yours.

Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
T-40
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 am

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry, you did not pay too much. People just under value these basses. With some research you'll realize that they've seen selling for up to $550 in average condition at many retail stores.
Back to top Go down
https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2007 12:00 pm

Freemane1 over at the T-60 Forum was talking about making truss rod covers a while back. I'm not sure if he's got any made yet. Chip Todd has made one or two for me in the past. Rene at Vintage T usually has some for sale on his site and sometimes on eBay (he's seller masterofthemill).
Back to top Go down
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 7:35 pm

Thanks guys (esp scottpro) for all the help.

I'm loving the new bass, sooo many sounds on tap.

One other thing, can you guys recommend a strap? I've got a very thin guitar one, and that is clearly a rookie mistake. Had to sit down most of band practice.
Back to top Go down
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:31 am

Well most will say get at least a 4 inch strap even if you have to have it made it will greatly help with the weight thing
and what pt43 said if you go to the T-60 forum freeman1 will either sell or make you a truss rod cover I think he gets like $10 for them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40   Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all, new to the forum + picked up a new (to me) t40
Page 1 of 1