THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
skockets

Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? Empty
PostSubject: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 am

So I've been looking for a Rectangular T-40 Case. I've seen them posted with a copper-rust velvet interior and a white peavey logo with either a metallic or white 'Peavey' logo on the outside. Are they the same exact case as Rectangular T-60 Cases with the same copper-rust interiors? If so will a T-60 case fit a T-40 bass, and vice versa?

I saw some previous posts on T-Series Cases, but haven't seen this exact thread discussed yet. It's a bit confusing as to whether or not this rectangular one is a universal one for T-60 and T-40 instruments. Some sellers claim the cases are interchangeable, while others say a T-40 will never fit properly in a T-60 case because of the size differences between the guitar and the bass.

To me, it would make sense that the cases are NOT interchangeable, because it stands to reason that a T-40 bass would not fit snugly inside the T-60 case mold, and vice versa.

Anyone here know for sure? Tony Frankenpeavey, perhaps?

Tks in advance!

JT
Back to top Go down
Flat Eric

Flat Eric

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:06 am

Hi. Very Happy

NO! They are not the same.

You will need a T-40 case - a T-60 will not do.

Cheers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.com/
skockets

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks for the clarification, Flat Eric! I suspected as such.

Thus, my search for a rectangular T-40 hard case continues...

Best,

JT
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Yeah, you'll need a T-40 case for a T-40.

But several other Peavey models do fit in the respective T-cases.

Also, a T-60 case won't fit inside a T-40 case. Wink
Back to top Go down
skockets

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Haha, yea T Frank, you are most definitely correct! Thanks to you as well for settin' me straight... Very Happy

Cheers,

JT
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Glad you like my sense of humor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?   Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rectangular T-40 and T-60 Cases: Are they interchangeable?
Page 1 of 1