THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rondo_calrissian

Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame? Empty
PostSubject: Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame?   Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 am

Hello Everyone. This is my first post.

The 17 year old version of me traded in a Peavey T-40 that was given to me for Christmas and was my first bass in favor or something more "metal".

Now that I've recovered from the brain injury (that's what I'll blame it on) that caused me to do that, I'm in search of a T-40 like the one I had, but am not sure what year I'm looking for.

It had blade pickups, flat as opposed to "bat" switches, Made in USA on the front of the head stock and patent info on the back.

From what I can find, blade pickups debuted in late '81, and bat switches debuted in '83, putting my bass as a late '81 or an '82. Am I correct on this?

P.S. I've located the guy through a mutual friend who bought MY T-40 13 years ago and he still has it. But he's not selling. Talk about salt in the wound!
Back to top Go down
Engine207

Engine207

Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame?   Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 6:51 pm

rondo_calrissian wrote:
Hello Everyone. This is my first post.

The 17 year old version of me traded in a Peavey T-40 that was given to me for Christmas and was my first bass in favor or something more "metal".

Now that I've recovered from the brain injury (that's what I'll blame it on) that caused me to do that, I'm in search of a T-40 like the one I had, but am not sure what year I'm looking for.

It had blade pickups, flat as opposed to "bat" switches, Made in USA on the front of the head stock and patent info on the back.

From what I can find, blade pickups debuted in late '81, and bat switches debuted in '83, putting my bass as a late '81 or an '82. Am I correct on this?

P.S. I've located the guy through a mutual friend who bought MY T-40 13 years ago and he still has it. But he's not selling. Talk about salt in the wound!

I also parted ways with my Peavey T-40 when I was 17. I've since rekindled with a nice SiennaBurst (see profile photo) and also have an '81 Natural T-40 that I'm selling in the Trading Post. Check it out at https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com/t871-1981-peavey-t-40-w-oshc
Back to top Go down

Help A Guy Rekindle An Old T-40 Flame?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: