THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone have trouble with their output jack?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

Anyone have trouble with their output jack? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 2:45 pm

Mines starting to scratch like crazy, and kind of lose contact w/the cable. Anyone else have this issue? I figure i'm a have to take off the million or so screws to get it off and resolder it. Any other input?
Back to top Go down
jtre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:25 pm

yeah, me. i ended up replacing it, but this is worth a try, i asked this on the Peavey company site:

http://forums.peavey.com/default.asp?action=9&read=87782&fid=10&FirstTopic=40&LastTopic=59

the 2nd reply, it turns out, is by the guitars' creator, pretty cool & humbling, because now that i read it, i called it an input jack, like a doofus. guess you call the thing you put the wire in an output jack.
Back to top Go down
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 4:38 pm

link doesn't work. Or maybe i need to be logged into pv. Damned if i can remember my password though.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:05 pm

free,

If it's started to act up all of a sudden then I might try using some spray cleaner/lube into the jack. Oxidation builds up in there. It might actually need to be replaced but I've run into the same problem in the past and a couple of sprays of this:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Supplies:_Cleaners_and_lubricants/DeoxIT_Pot_and_Switch_Cleaner.html

and it was perfectly fine. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:39 pm

Chip says to run a .30 caliber bore brush in the jack. I've done all my guitars and amps. Works like a charm.
Back to top Go down
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 9:01 am

Nice, i'll try that!
Back to top Go down
jtre

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:14 am

you're right, the link doesn't work, so much for copy & paste:

my particular problem was, i wasn't feeling the click of the plug going in, it felt like it was falling out of the plug, as well as scratchy sounds. i figured, 'of course, the thing is ancient, worn plug' & wanted to order the part before i got in there. Chip Todd offered this -

"I usually bend a welding rod on the end and insert it into the "shielded thick-panel" jack; then twist it to tweak the tip contact back toward the center line of the jack axis. At this point, you have nothing to lose.
I make the bend about 1/8" from the end and only bend about 30 deg. A 90 deg. bend about 2" out will give you more torque on the rod.
If you order the jack, be sure to look for a shielded, thick-panel,(either mono or stereo) as we used a stereo jack on the production line, and they are usually easier to find. The stereo feature can be used to decrease the likelihood of corrosion inside the sleeve of the jack from making an intermittent loss of ground.
Chip"

i betcha that works. you can find that under my 'Pre-op question' topic 41-60 on the Peavey bass forum site
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have trouble with their output jack?   Anyone have trouble with their output jack? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone have trouble with their output jack?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: