THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New t-40, bad pickup.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aircat

New t-40, bad pickup. Empty
PostSubject: New t-40, bad pickup.   New t-40, bad pickup. I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Hello to all. I just purchased a t-40 bass yesterday at a local pawn shop, it had a broken phase switch so I really couldn't check it out all that well. When I changed the switch it still worked kinda funny.and turned out having a bad bridge PU, one coil was open. I dissected the PU and removed the epoxy cleaned the bad side and could rewind it if I have to but I would rather find a new one and be done with it. So I need some help here guys.

Coil data so far
ohms per coil-5.2k
size wire #42???

Like I said though, I really would rather find a new pickup.

Thanks
Aircat Sad
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New t-40, bad pickup.   New t-40, bad pickup. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:33 am

It seems that more and more bad pickups are showing up these days. They changed the process for attaching the chrome cover after Chip left to go to Fender. Keep an eye on the auction sites, T-40 pickups do show up from time to time.

PM or email me and I'll get you a copy of the proper wiring diagram and set-up sheet if you want them.
Back to top Go down
aircat

PostSubject: Re: New t-40, bad pickup.   New t-40, bad pickup. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey Tony thanks for the reply, so here is the rest of the story. I ordered some wire from stu mac and rewound that puppy, I think I ended up with 6500 turns. It sounds great, I'll by playing it Sunday morning at church. Thanks for the offer of the wiring diagram etc.

Aircat Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New t-40, bad pickup.   New t-40, bad pickup. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:29 am

Very cool! Rewinding a pickup isn't something I want to try.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New t-40, bad pickup.   New t-40, bad pickup. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New t-40, bad pickup.
Page 1 of 1