THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandonS

New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!... Empty
PostSubject: New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!...   New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!... I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 am

Greetz, all!

I'm Brandon, been playing for 3.5 years now, usually use a Fender Hwy 1 P bass in a 50's band I'm in (and a MM Stingray 5H at church) but JUST agreed to a T40 (locally) and I'll have it in about a week. I am THRILLED after reading up on the brand and model and reading all your posts!

It is what the seller calls "trans red", sort of a burgundy color. Pic below (if link works)
I am interested to know what the most common to least common colors are? I see "natural" the most, followed by sunburst. Rarely have I run into this color in my searches. Black and White (seen in only the one "family" pic here on the forum) also seem to be rare.

Anyway, if anyone knows production run numbers for colors, that sort of thing interests me study

Thanks and I'll post "real" pics once I receive it!

New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!... 3mb3o13p55V15Z45P2b1m07daf4de0eee14c9
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!...   New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!... I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:50 am

Congrats! It looks like it's a beauty.

That color name is actually Royal Burgundy. You don't see a lot of those on the T-40 or T-60.

From what I've seen here is the order from most common to dang near mythical.

Natural
Sunburst
Black
Red
White
Royal Burgundy
and the fabled Frost Blue

No one knows the true production runs for colors, years or anything. If Peavey did track that info they have held it close to the vest all these years. Chip Todd has stated numerous times that they simply didn't think to track stuff like that in the beginning. He does wish that they had taken the time. I do too. I am also one of those info geeks that loves trivia like that.

I maintain a serial number listing for all vintage Peavey instruments and track color, pickups and a lot of other variations. If you are interested in the T-40 info I could email what I have so far. Just PM your email address to me and I'll put the info in an email for you.

Anyway, if anyone knows production run numbers for colors, that sort of thing interests me
Back to top Go down

New to Forum, New to the T40, a couple of questions!...
Page 1 of 1