THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

~~ Hello ~~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bloody hammer

~~ Hello ~~ Empty
PostSubject: ~~ Hello ~~   ~~ Hello ~~ I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 am

First of all... I was pleasantly surprised to learn that not only are there more lovers of the T40 out there but there's also a website set up for us! So, Hello and many thanks to all involved in running this place.

I had my first T40 back in high school when they first came out.... Bought it right off the wall with the money I'd managed to save up. I do not remember how much it cost but i do recall minimum wage was less than $3.00 an hour (and reefer was $30 an ounce)... so it took me awhile to save up.

Typical story... High school garage band with no bass player and too many guitar players. I drew the short straw (literally) and I was "demoted" to bass player. So, saved up some money and bought that T40 because I liked the way it looked but mostly because it was what I could afford.

Even though my heart wasn't into playing bass I instantly loved that thing. The way it looked but more so the way it felt.

Another typical story... somewhere along the way I sold it for next to nothing and went back to playing guitar. I more less put it out of my mind.

Over the next 25+ years I would periodically run across someone playing a T40 and I would get to thinking about the one I'd had and how much I'd enjoyed it. It finally started bothering me that I'd more or less given it away.

A couple of months ago I started watching eBay and noticed that there seems to be at least three or four T40's for sale at any given time. So, a few days ago on a whim I grabbed one. Let me tell you... It is everything that I remember and more. I am in love with this thing. I am so happy to have it that I'm not even allowing myself to regret waiting so long to do it. It is what it is and all that matters is that I have one now and it's the best money I have spent in a long time. Even though I am not much of a bass player I love every minute I can have playing this thing.

To top it off I discover there are others out there that love the Peavey T40. I need nor want any other bass (except maybe more T40's!!!)
Back to top Go down
one-man-band

~~ Hello ~~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~~ Hello ~~   ~~ Hello ~~ I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Congratulations on your new-old T-40. Ain't eBay awesome? I found one on there, too, and replaced one that I loved that got stolen decades ago. But I never forgot how much I loved that bass, and was glad to find the same one.

Now that you have a T-40 again, put down the guitar and PLAY SOME BASS! you'll enjoy it more, now that you are older!

Rock on
Back to top Go down

~~ Hello ~~
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: