THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my t-40 is fretless

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
silverbulett75

my t-40 is fretless Empty
PostSubject: my t-40 is fretless   my t-40 is fretless I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:10 pm

How many of thease were made?from what year did they start making them????
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

my t-40 is fretless Empty
PostSubject: Re: my t-40 is fretless   my t-40 is fretless I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:27 am

silverbulett75 wrote:
How many of these were made?from what year did they start making them????

I have been doing independent research on the entire T-Series for several years using various sources of information. This is what I have come up with on the T-40FL and T-20FL models.

The T-40FL first appeared in 1982. I have only identified one serial number for that year. And I have identified four with 1983 serial numbers.

All of them were sunbursts with rosewood fingerboard, blade pickups, big bat switches, no dots next to the knobs on the pickguard, white plastic top nut, Made in U.S.A. text on headstock and came in a Type 2 (teardrop) case which was black with four latches.

I haven't actively searched for serial numbers in about six months, but I have only found those five from two years.

On the T-20FL side I have only found one serial number and it's in the 1982 range.

I hope this helps answer your questions.
Back to top Go down

my t-40 is fretless
Page 1 of 1