THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom T-50 that never made it

Go down 
+3
Frank N. Peavey
el duderino
Scottpro1969
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Custom T-50 that never made it Empty
PostSubject: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Here's a few pics of a custom 5 string converted from a T-40 that Chip Todd was making for me that unfortunately never came to be. He got most of the way through the process, and as it was hanging up drying from a coat of clearcoat, it fell to the ground and smashed apart. Sad

This was going to be called a T-50.....5 string get it?? haha. I just stumbled across these photos and thought I'd share them. Hope Chip doesn't see this and feel bad. I'm ok now.... Very Happy

http://www.peaveyt60.com/ctecustoms.htm

You may have to scroll down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:29 pm

I remember seeing you post something about this on another forum some time back. Too bad it didn't make it; that would've been one of the few 5-strings that I would be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:29 am

I don't know if it was the same T-50 or not, but Bobby Rio (local musician in Austin TX) brought his T-50 to the T-60 Gathering at Chip's in Nov. 06. I think I remember Chip saying it was the same one that he'd started for Scott.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 pm

WOW, I wondered what happened to the bass after that. If it was saved, that's awesome!!! While I would have loved to have had a T-40 5 string bass, I know that it was a lot of work for Chip. In the end, Chip sent me 2 of his early basslets. One which was owned by Charlie Gressett, I believe. They are a blast to play and sound just as good as any 34" scale bass out there. The entire length of the bass is just about the same size as a T-40 neck!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chiptodd

chiptodd

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:18 am

Wow! Scott needs to be my manager.. BTW, Bobby Rio did most of the work of piecing the T-50 back from the scrap pile. He has the patience of Job.

I can now face building another one; I'm building a 6-string bass for a friend and have made a 5-string basslet for R.T. Lowe. Tommy Shannon, (Stevie Ray Vaughn's bassist), played the one I have made for Styx bassist, Ricky Phillips. Ricky will take delivery when he gets back from a European tour with Styx.

I am having more fun with the basslet's than I ever had playing a guitar. I'm finally serious about an instrument.
Chip
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:45 am

Hey Chip,

Welcome to the forum. I heard you had problems registering. Glad it got worked out and you're here!!!

Guys, Chip is THE man. Creator of the T-40 & T-60. This forum is very lucky to have him as a member!!

Chip's custom basslets are so fun to play and as I stated before, they sound incredible.

Chip, are you still using super-ferrites for pickups? I would think you are if you can find them, they're fantastic.
Back to top Go down
princeplanet

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:46 am

Hey Chip! Great that you made it over here. Ladies and gentlemen, the T-40 father is in the house!
Back to top Go down
spacethief

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:14 am

From how high do you have to drop a T-40 for it to smash apart?!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 7:29 pm

You have to worry more about the collateral damage the T-40 will do to whatever you drop it on.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyThreat

JohnnyThreat

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
You have to worry more about the collateral damage the T-40 will do to whatever you drop it on.

I heard a rumor that someone dropping a t-40 is what really caused the Titanic to sink. Can anyone confirm this?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom T-50 that never made it   Custom T-50 that never made it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom T-50 that never made it
Page 1 of 1