THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JJBass

T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?  Empty
PostSubject: T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?    T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

I was lucky to acquire a nice T40 at a bargain price, but the switches were missing and it needed a lot of TLC. I completely re-wired it per the factory wiring diagram, and everything works properly, I think.

However, it seems that the tone controls have little effect. (I have not played another T-40 for comparison). The value of the caps on the schematic were 0.022 and 0.033. Does anyone know if this is correct? Most tone caps are much larger than this.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?    T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:08 am

I don't know much about electronics and have difficulty reading the schematic but it does look like .022 is the value.

You might try Chip's favorite trick. Clip the red wire at the tone pot and tape it off.
Back to top Go down

T40 TONE CAPS - CORRECT VALUE?
Page 1 of 1