THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T-45 NBD

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MK BASS WEED

T-45 NBD Empty
PostSubject: T-45 NBD   T-45 NBD I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello All,

I just received my T-45 today. Holy smokes. I wasn't expecting the amazing tone this thing has with FLATS.

So OLD SCHOOL. After reading the manual while waiting for this to ship... I was expecting something a little different. I am very pleased.

SO now...I really don't want to put rounds on it...of course I will, but...man I guess that answer is to get another t-45.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Flats Vs. Rounds on these basses.

Thanks for reading..and hell, I pulled the trigger from Lurking here.

Thank you,

MK
Bassist: The Grip Weeds
Back to top Go down
http://www.gripweeds.com
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

T-45 NBD Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-45 NBD   T-45 NBD I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 11:37 pm

Ahhhh the T-45. Probably my favorite Peavey T series bass. It's just the weight that I can't handle anymore. I had Pyramid flats on mine and could get the Jamerson and McCartney thump all day. The pickup is in the perfect spot. Congrats on your new baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
chiptodd

chiptodd

T-45 NBD Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-45 NBD   T-45 NBD I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:45 pm

If the aim is to sound like an acoustic upright double bass, then flatwounds are the ticket. The flats don't produce the higher overtones that round-wounds do. You don't usually hear as much sustain with flatwounds, but different players want different things. It's hard to make yourself replace your flatwounds, as you're never sure when they go dead, so I usually look at the edges of the outer windings.
CT
Back to top Go down
NGPeavey

T-45 NBD Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-45 NBD   T-45 NBD I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I've got flatwounds on my T40 for that old school sound. I put them on there just to see how I would like the sound and loved it. I put a new set on about every four months or so. It gives it kind of a classic rock sound. I just don't like the twangy sound of roundwounds except on my Ibanez, playing more modern stuff.
Glenn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

T-45 NBD Empty
PostSubject: Re: T-45 NBD   T-45 NBD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-45 NBD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: