THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regrets About the T-40

Go down 
+4
Bigbassuk88
Scottpro1969
Flat Eric
chiptodd
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ajish4

ajish4

Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm

This is such a great thread.

Sorry I've been MIA for so long guys, health issues have really limited my time online.

I've run the gambit, from 75.00 Washburn basses to $8,000.00 Alembic basses. I'm a die hard Rickenbacker fan to boot.....ALL that being said, I just love the heck out of my T-40's!

I'm down to one right now, a converted sunburst body with a rosewood neck, converted FRETLESS.
The bass is on the heavy side, but I bought a really good 4" Neoprene strap and it's made a huge difference.

For the array of tones, tonal versatility, and durability...you just can't beat it. The T-40 also launched me into the other USA Peavey basses as well. I now own a USA Foundation, USA Dyna, USA Dyna Unity, and a USA TL-5. I do wish I kept my lightweight T40 freak, 8.6 pounds.....NEVER should have sold it, but needed the funds for the TL. ONE of these days, I'll find another. I'm STILL on the hunt for a STOCK T-40FL.

Chip, I have to say, it is the best bang for the buck. MY only dream would be a lighter version available with PREMIUM WOODS. Otherwise, I'm happy as a clam the way it is! Hindsight is always 20/20. Smile
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Hey Tony,

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues Sad

I still can't believe you had such a light T-40. As much as I love 'em, the weight kills my back. I can't play them anymore unfortunately.

I've found the best secret in the Peavey bass world....the Patriot. Tony, you'll love it....trust me. Light weight, 1 1/2" nut. Have Tim set it up for you and you're soooo good to go!

I've seriously been on the lookout for a T-40FL for you for the longest time....so hard to find!

Keep in touch, my friend. I gotta get down to FLA and have a beer with you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
ajish4

ajish4

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks Scott,

Great to hear from you too!

Ah, I guess it comes with age...been in and out of the hospital a lot, the wife too.

Being a moderator over at the RRF just eats up so much of any internet time I get, it's difficult to be anywhere else. I barely get over to TB to boot.

I've thought about the Patroit a number of times, and I love the fact they have that Natural Walnut body, but they always look so BEAT, I've just passed on them. The 1 1/2 inch nut sounds PERFECT to boot!

I'm really trying to trim down the collection believe it or not, I just sold my 1971 4001 Burgundy Ric .I NEVER thought I'd sell that one, but it just wasn't getting any play time. I play in a very large band and I needed the power of the Peavey's! They are all so powerful and clean, just amazing. Even the Foundation rings like a bell and has sustain for days!

Tim is trying to talk me into a B-Quad, but I can't bear the thought of spending about a grand on something I haven't tried out. He has an almost NOS 5er but for $1500.00, I don't play 5 string enough to justify it.

LOL, YES, I KNOW...the T-40FL's are a tough find. Even when they do pop up, they are going in the $500.00 to $600.00 range. STILL WORTH IT, but timing is all so important!

I'd love to find a Sienna or Tobacco burst I think they call it. I'm having a ball with my T-40FL but I have to constantly apply Tung oil on the Fingerboard. My luthier left it natural and it looks great for a few weeks, but then I have to hit it with another application. I can't even find a T-40 FL neck! That alone would be a heck of an improvement.

Thanks for they help trying to find one, the more eyes the better!

Keep in touch, I'll do my best to get here as often as I can. I'm flat on my back right now so I have a bit of extra time so I'll take advantage of it while I can!

Tony

Scottpro1969 wrote:
Hey Tony,

Sorry to hear about your recent health issues Sad

I still can't believe you had such a light T-40. As much as I love 'em, the weight kills my back. I can't play them anymore unfortunately.

I've found the best secret in the Peavey bass world....the Patriot. Tony, you'll love it....trust me. Light weight, 1 1/2" nut. Have Tim set it up for you and you're soooo good to go!

I've seriously been on the lookout for a T-40FL for you for the longest time....so hard to find!

Keep in touch, my friend. I gotta get down to FLA and have a beer with you!
Back to top Go down
Flat Eric

Flat Eric

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:42 am

I have a fretless neck!
Bit far from you but we may be able to do something.

Cheers. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.com/
chiptodd

chiptodd

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm

I still feel that the T-40 is a musical instrument and should be treated as such. I probably would have only changed to the heavier switches with a direct order from Hartley. The weight wasn't a mistake; it was the favored opinion in 1975-76 and we weren't about to change the prevailing opinion armed only with logic.

When I left Peavey in '81, they were still selling all we could make; about 200-250 per day. By 1983, I would have offered a lighter body with the control access in the rear, and better bass tuning keys. I believe its demise was due to the poorly-made pickups in the latter years and the weight.
Chip
Back to top Go down
ajish4

ajish4

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Flat Eric wrote:
I have a fretless neck!
Bit far from you but we may be able to do something.

Cheers. Smile

Talk to me, PLEASE, talk to me.............P L E A S E! Smile
Back to top Go down
chiptodd

chiptodd

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:23 am

Tony;
I'm behind and just read about your health problems. So sorry to hear about it. If I still had a shop, you know I'd put your T-40 on a crash diet for you. Hang in there; you're not old and there may be some relief for your problems. I'm praying for you and yours.
Chip
Back to top Go down
ajish4

ajish4

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:13 am

chiptodd wrote:
Tony;
I'm behind and just read about your health problems. So sorry to hear about it. If I still had a shop, you know I'd put your T-40 on a crash diet for you. Hang in there; you're not old and there may be some relief for your problems. I'm praying for you and yours.
Chip

Thanks Chip,

That was REALLY nice of you....much appreciated....THANK YOU.
I'm so sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

My wife & I have had our share of medical misfortunes. I've had countless spinal surgeries and my wife has had multiple cancer scares including Ovarian, breast &: thyroid. We keep the doctors busy....and well paid I guess!

I now have to sit when I play, but being I only play in church, two different churches to boot, but it helps.

BUT, all in all...I consider myself blessed...our illness have apparently motivated my son to go to school to become a surgeon, he enters Med School next year...and my sweet daughter who turns 20 this weekend, has a heart as big as all outdoors and is going to school for film editing. Being I never went to college myself, I can't ask for more.

I love my music, I'm grateful I can still play and that there are folks who will listed to my noise making!

You should be VERY PROUD of what you've accomplished in your life. You've brought a LOT of joy & happiness to MANY a musician. Your creativity will give folks joy for MANY years to come.

I've always been envious of anyone who can work with their hands...I have difficulty gluing two ice cream sticks together!

I'll play my T-40 till the day they lay me away! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regrets About the T-40   Regrets About the T-40 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regrets About the T-40
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: