THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OT....t-60 necks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 10:20 am

I've read that they're kind of thin. Naturally i'm gassing for one hard, but am afraid of the thinness of their necks. I'm a long time sg/tele player and generally prefer fat c necks. How thin are they really? Like Jackson metal thin? Or like normal strat thin?
Back to top Go down
Neo Fender

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 am

The T-60 neck is closer to a modern ’C’ than anything else. I have a USA built Strat Plus and the T-60 neck feels thinner but I can’t say for certain without checking both necks with a micrometer. I actually prefer the T-60’s neck over the Stratocaster’s. Don’t think it’s a thin as an Ibanez Wizard neck.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 12:24 pm

I've seen necks a lot chunkier (my Epi LP Jr and Epi Ace Frehley LP come to mind) and I've seen necks a lot thinner (shredder Jacksons and Ibanez) than the T-60 neck.

I've never gotten familiar with the Fender neck profiles so I really don't know about them. The neck on my '78 or '79 Gibson 'The Paul' was really close to the necks on all my T-60s. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 1:54 pm

Good to hear, I was just afraid it'd be a shredder neck (i mean it was made in the late 70s early 80s, when shread was king). Now to unload my tele. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 pm

If you've got some big mitts, it may not work for ya. I bought one but the neck....to me, was thin and hard for me to play. I'm used to an acoustic when I play a 6 string and chording on a T-60 was difficult. BUT, the guitar sounded killer!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
ropingk

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:35 am

The neck is thinner than most out there to me its easy to play but it is for sure a thin neck i have several teles and a strat and it is way thinner than either of themk I am also pretty sure Chip did not design it as a shredder I think he just tryed to cover all the basses and make the best guitar he could
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OT....t-60 necks Empty
PostSubject: Re: OT....t-60 necks   OT....t-60 necks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OT....t-60 necks
Page 1 of 1