THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Engine207

Engine207

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day Empty
PostSubject: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm

I just picked up the bass I've been GASsing for since 1979, when I sold my natural Peavey T-40 to help finance my Ric 4001. I pretty much regretted it about 30 minutes after my dad drove me home from the music shop Not because I didn't like the Ric, but the T-40 was my first piece of bass.

I present for your viewing enjoyment my near-MINT 1980 T-40 in Sienna Sunburst. Came in an original molded case, also in near-mint shape. It's got a bit of extremely minor worming on the back from the previous owner's belt buckle (a cool, 60 year-old dude with arthritis, who played it once a week at church), but nothing through the finish or really visible without close inspection. Probably even less than my '79 had after only a year of my use. It weighs so much I heard the leaf springs on the truck creek a bit when I set it on the pump panel to photograph.

Next step: A nice fresh set of R. Cocco Nickels and a set-up by my main man, Fender Joe, at The Bass Place.

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day P1170334

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day P1170336

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day P1170339

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day P1170338
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 am

Beautiful! The finish is a near exact match for my #1 T-60.
Back to top Go down
peaveylover

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi Engine 207. I just got signed on here, and thats one nice T60.
I know this may not be the place for it, but I'd like to see more of the fire truck. LE[i]
Back to top Go down
Engine207

Engine207

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm

PeaveyLover, I'm guessing you meant T-40, not T-60 Wink

I've got some great photos of our 1999 Pierce Quantum, but if you have a couple of weeks, we should be taking delivery of our new 2010!! cheers
Back to top Go down
peaveylover

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Yeah, I meant T40. I've been hanging out at the T60Mafia too much. Hopefully there'll be another T40 on the way in acouple of days that's needing a remake.
Back to top Go down
sanfordandhon

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Looks just like mine!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110575507529&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Haha, I just saw your location. I live in Apache Junction and work in Gilbert.

Chris

Last edited by sanfordandhon on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day   G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G.A.S.-to-reality: New Bass Day
Page 1 of 1