THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new here and with the peavey's majesty

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NapoleanXV

new here and with the peavey's majesty Empty
PostSubject: new here and with the peavey's majesty   new here and with the peavey's majesty I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:12 pm

hey there everyone I found this place while on the peavey forum, and thought why not check it out. I myself am from Bismarck North Dakota, but every summer I come down to alabama to see my mom. I didnt want to bring my black fender jazz bass customized to hell because I dont trust the airlines with my crappy hardshell case, and I didnt have time to purchase a flight case for it as I had just returned from a hockey tournament in the twin cities, and had to fly out
and now I have recently become the owner of what I believe to be a 1979 peavey T-40, nearly all original, I found this thing being neglected in a pawn shop in Clanton Alabama, who knows how long it was there, it was grimy, dusty, and it had a D string at full tension for a G string, it was just a flat out sad sight, as I did not own a bass here in Alabama I considered purchasing it, but after shopping around I found nothing within the budget of what I was given of 300 bucks. so I did some research and apparently these T-40s are able to withstand nuclear holocaust, so I figured go out on a limb, I bet I could fix it up, so I went back bought this sweetie with original hardshell case (needs to be re-fuzzed) for 250 american dollars, what a deal, I drove up to pelham and bought my favorite ernie ball strings and a green dimarzio cliplock strap.

I took it all apart to clean it, and check the electronics, it looks amazing when its not covered in dust and dirt very clean, I lowered the pickups, reset the neck tilt adjuster, radius'ed the saddles best I could by eye, reset the intonation best I could by ear (I dont currently have access to a tuner but I have a pretty good ear from my years of trombone playing), the only thing I dont trust myself to do is reset the truss rod, plus it doesnt help that I dont have a hex socket the right size (I believe some idiot broke off the allen key adjuster and had the hex nut put on, they did come with allen key holes didnt they)

anyway its amazing, it sounds great through this little practice amp I have here I cant wait to put it through my 200 watt all tube traynor amp back home, I dotn mind flying with this thing because of how beastly solid it is, the case too, its like a rock and is twice as heavy

Im stoked! woot, my bands will be jealous that my instrument is nearly twice my age Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.captainmuskeysbassboat.com
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: new here and with the peavey's majesty   new here and with the peavey's majesty I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Welcome!

I'm up in Minot! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your T-40. You're going to love it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
NapoleanXV

PostSubject: Re: new here and with the peavey's majesty   new here and with the peavey's majesty I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:40 pm

neat! I already love my T-40 the fat neck is not something Im used to, but I love it, you could go get a bit and youl still be hearin that one

did you go to the state fair? oh that's right the bands there sucked Razz
not much a crue fan myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.captainmuskeysbassboat.com
Yooper

PostSubject: Re: new here and with the peavey's majesty   new here and with the peavey's majesty I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:23 pm

I was never out in your guys neck of the prairie but still did 2 years in ND. Grand Forks AFB for me.

I have two T's now. I hadn't played for about three weeks due to work commitments but plugged one in tonight. Damn if that thing didn't feel good instantly. Fumbling around trying to remember what I was doing and the mighty T let me play the fool. I want to play again tomorrow and, after the downtime, I'm sure it will be fun. Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new here and with the peavey's majesty   new here and with the peavey's majesty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new here and with the peavey's majesty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: