THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeffrey71

Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups Empty
PostSubject: Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups   Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 10:28 pm

I recently got a toaster pickup from someone and noticed that the thin, black plastic-like covering over both coils is chipped off on one side. Does anyone know if and how this might affect the performance of the pickup??
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups   Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 5:11 am

Several folks have pickups in a similar condition but I can't remember any saying that it affected the sound at all.
Back to top Go down
xaxxat

PostSubject: Re: Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups   Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:40 pm

I've seen several with missing pieces of epoxy. That stuff gets dry and brittle after awhile. It's mostly cosmetic and performance is not affected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups   Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chipped T-40 Toaster Pickups
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: