THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trussrod problem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sanemancured

Trussrod problem Empty
PostSubject: Trussrod problem   Trussrod problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 am

Greetings all. I recently purchased a T40 in fair to good condition for a bargain price and was guided here from the Finnbass bass forum.

I'm from Kendal in the UK.

I've just received a trussrod spanner from StewMac and as there is slightly more relief in the neck than I would like/is desireable I gently tried to tighten the rod. I noticed the nut has a lot of threads showing implying that it's quite loose.

It felt good but the nut isn't moving down the threaded rod and I suspect that the whole trussrod is turning inside the neck. The neck relief is unchanged.

Any ideas or tips on a way ahead? The bass is playable but not very enjoyable to play as it is.

I've had an idea and it involves superglue affraid

Peter
Back to top Go down
Sanemancured

Trussrod problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trussrod problem   Trussrod problem I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:29 pm

Just an update to say problem sorted. The trussrod wasn't spinning in the neck it was just slackened off a very very long way.

All set up nicely now.
Back to top Go down

Trussrod problem
Page 1 of 1