THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?

Go down 
+3
Scottpro1969
Frank N. Peavey
Neo Fender
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Neo Fender

Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 7:49 am

Or where to get get parts?

The screw is missing from the back of my ‘A’ tuner. I could probably find one at a hardware store but this screw appears to be purpose-built and I’d like to keep the bass original as much as possible.

Peavey customer service says they’re Grovers. Grover says it’s not theirs or else it would have their brand name stamped somewhere.

????
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:10 pm

Go to the T-60 Forum and ask Chip what brand they are. He'll know for sure. And he should know where you can find replacements. Heck, he might even have some stashed away in his shop.
Back to top Go down
Neo Fender

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Thanks - will do.

PT43 wrote:
Go to the T-60 Forum and ask Chip what brand they are. He'll know for sure. And he should know where you can find replacements. Heck, he might even have some stashed away in his shop.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Neo Fender,

I have an extra screw for a T-40 tuner. PM me your address and it's yours.

Cheers,
Scott
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:42 pm

That's what I like to see. T-owners helping each other out.
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 11:32 am

The tuners are Schaller M4S machines. A little pricey if you want to buy a ful set, but you can occasionally find NOS sets on ebay for about $50.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 am

Neo,

Just had time to get to the post office. The tuner screw you need is on the way.
Back to top Go down
Neo Fender

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 9:35 am

Great! Thanks again.

Scottpro1969 wrote:
Neo,

Just had time to get to the post office. The tuner screw you need is on the way.
Back to top Go down
T-40
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 1:15 pm

Glad to see the forum doing so well, people helping people. Thats great guys!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:14 pm

Helping each other out is what it's all about.
Back to top Go down
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:38 am

I think that there are 2 diffrent types of turners Chip has said that they were "Goth" sorry bout the spelling anyway i thought he said that the 2 were for sure diffrent and the screws were diffrent sizes????
Back to top Go down
Rev. Clyde

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 pm

i know gotoh was used for the T-60 so maybe by assumption the same brand is used for the T-40
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?   Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know what brand the tuning machines are ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: