THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

serial numbers

Go down 
+66
JohnGroenen
RumbleBass
Borisuzi
minervadreaming
GB
Johnny Crab
TrebleHead082
Shabbs
Chris K
blaine63
metalchild92797
candybuck2006
CW
deadpool
58mark
don_frouse
tapman
sienjake
timonvh
derelict78
eqworks
DFA 79
marijn c
RichardH
stinky634
dannymacc
Santi
pbrdrnkr
NGPeavey
Eric
Chris In NOLA
cdougyfresh
gastric
homero
Jeffrey71
todd
Bigbzbass
nateh415
Squidward247
NOZHX
mtseiler
davidgsanpablo
OzarkRifleman
Tamhellspawn
lingo
coleus
aaronrushmore
Bett
Barking Pumpkin
thepull
Java
kevdel
countshock
wanderlusterer
daniel
Elmore
Pipou
jtre
Aladaube
mechazawa
geekboy_rick
el duderino
Scottpro1969
freeridstylee
lugrug
Frank N. Peavey
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
JohnGroenen

serial numbers - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:55 am

Hi, just bought a T40 fretless bass serail 00376949.
Can You tell Me more?
Greetz, John
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 am

RumbleBass wrote:
Hi all !
You can add my serial to your database. 00681389. Appears to be a 81 ? Natural finish, Maple fingerboard, Toasters, 5 pieces body, patent pending on headstock.
Dont know her history, bought her at a guy who bought her 2 years ago at a guy who bought her at guy, maybe that during more than 30 years...I'm from France, paid 500 euros for it with original case. Hard to find in France/Europe at a fair price and in good health, from good years. Seen one offer recently at 650 euros for a 1982 with blades, no case. Mine seems to have been quite played, some scratches, dings, but good fretwear, electronics ok, no broken or missing parts. There's marks of a removed "BLITZ" sticker from a previous owner on body, does it tells something to anyone here ?
These basses are awesome, played on lot of stuff like warwick, high-end Yamaha, Musicman, g&l, and definitely this girl has lot of mojo ! I kept a g&l asat only with her. Playin her in a Marshall DBS7400 with 4x12+1x15, Mad Professor BlueBerry, DGCF, C dropin sometimes, D'Addario Prosteels, LOVE ! If only I could have met her earlier in my bassist life. I'll never sell her, really thinking of starting a collection, I would be happy to offer her some sisters of others colors and ages. At least for now, I've this one, from my birth year !

Congrats on the new T-40 and welcome to the show!

I had your T already listed in my database, I must have seen it on eBay at some point because I didn't have it's owner listed. It is a '81. I'm not sure what Blitz might have been. Could have been a band name or nickname for one of the previous owners. Then again, some folks (like me) name their instruments. Blitz could be your bass's name.

I know what you mean about wanting to start a collection of other colors and years. I did the same exact thing when I got my first Peavey instrument ('82 T-60).
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 12:50 am

JohnGroenen wrote:
Hi, just bought a T40 fretless bass serail 00376949.
Can You tell Me more?
Greetz, John

It should be a 1979 based on the serial number. Most likely it's a natural with maple fingerboard. Toaster pickups and small flat switches. Most likely has the Patents Applied For headstock decal

Should be a fretted T-40 as the T-40FL (fretless) wasn't introduced until 1982 and only lasted until 1983.
Back to top Go down
gatopanzon

PostSubject: SERIAL NUMBER # 8M274037 pics!   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi ,this is my first post here, i want to present you guys a Peavey T-40 "8M" i just won on Ebay, First i wanted to ask you guys if this bass look correct for the period. I was told is a early production model from 1978 with original case and user manual.

will post pics after 7 days Sad 

I will appreciate any Info.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
A Ron Haggard

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:32 pm

I had been looking for a T-40 since my Jazz bass had been stolen from my apartment in September of 2012, with no luck. Tried a Kramer aluminum, Ibanez lawsuit bass, borrowed a mexi-jazz and finally settled on P Bass I was somewhat comfortable with until low and behold last week I found my Jazz bass in a pawn shop and it had been sitting there since an hour after my apartment was broken into a year ago. GOT IT BACK!!! Long story short when I went back to my local shop to return the PBASS (hadn't even had it two weeks), there was gorgeous T-40 in the shop. Returned the PBASS as planned and traded the Ibanez and walked out with the T-40 and cash!!! Now I have the two basses I've always wanted. My Jazz and what seems to be an early 78 T-40 Serial # 211239. Appears all original minus the phase switch. Natural body and maple neck, with pinstriping behind, not around. Patent Pending. 4 latch original case. Haven't played around on it toooo much yet, but i'll post pics and report on playability down the road. WOOHOO!!!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Congrats on scoring an early 6-digit T! And welcome to the show. Get some pics as soon as you can.
Back to top Go down
kurtido

PostSubject: new bass for list from new member   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Hello! Just found this and joined yesterday. My first T-40, a sunburst fretless, was my second bass ever (my first was a Fury), in Texas, way back around '85 or '86. Unfortunately, I sold it in the early 90s. Regret! But in the early '00s in Chicago I found another T-40. I had always missed the tonal capabilities, and, perversely, I always missed the weight, too. In a way, maybe, since I had one in my formative bass years, it was imprinted on me that a bass guitar was 'supposed' to be massive. Anyway, I bought it on sight. Quit the music life for some years, and the T-40 and my Rick fretless went into storage. They're liberated now, though, and the reunion has been grand. Glad I found y'all. The serial number of my T-40 is 00363617. 'Patents Applied For' on the headstock. Late 70s? Early 80s? Thanks very much and have a great day, y'all!

jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Congrats on the new T! That serial number puts it in the 1979 range.
Back to top Go down
aszumilo

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 6:13 pm

I have a T-40, serial #00620467.
White body, maple neck, black pickguard, and toaster pickups.  All original with the hardshell case.
Case has some wear, but, the bass still looks pretty close to new with some small blemishes/scratches.

Bought it in 1984, from a pawn shop for $185.  Had seen one at the local music store, but, they wanted about $350 for it.  I took a friend down to this pawn shop so he could pick up a guitar and saw my T-40.  Put down a deposit and picked it up a week or so later.  Don't play it anymore, but, can't bring myself to sell it, even though I had a couple nice offers for it a couple years back.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:23 am

Looks like a 1980 model. You ought to start playing again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: serial numbers   serial numbers - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

serial numbers
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8