THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for parts for a new find.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kevdel

kevdel

Looking for parts for a new find. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:01 am

I just aquired another T-40, (Sienna w/Rosewood), but it's missing 4 pickguard screws and the neck pickup has an open loop in it. Other than that, it's a real nice find. Does anyone have a blade style pickup and some screws they are willing to sell? I'm sure the T-60 pickups aren't the same as the T-40, are they? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendswithyouband.com
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 1:07 am

T-60 pups are quite a bit smaller.
Back to top Go down
kevdel

kevdel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I was pretty sure they weren't the same.
Back to top Go down
t3ch

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Wondering about screws too. All of mine are rusted.
Back to top Go down
kevdel

kevdel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Nobody wants to share their toys?!?!!? Sad
Back to top Go down
jtre

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:33 pm

by 'open loop' on the pick-up, i'm assuming the windings, so it's either done for or a real tedious repair.
finding original T-40 stuff is difficult & becoming expensive. i have some screws that can be used - what i've got were bought at a Boat store, they're not exact, but really close, you can't see the difference when screwed in, but in your hand the ones Peavey used have the more flush head that instrument makers use to hold pickguards on, while the ones i got have a slight countersink, to hold stuff to boats, naturally. i replaced around 8 rusty ones on my bass, they look fine and will hold up at sea.
i'd be glad to mail a bunch to anyone that might need them for nothing, PM me, i'll check back later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for parts for a new find.   Looking for parts for a new find. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for parts for a new find.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: