THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Replacement phase switch

Go down 
+3
Scottpro1969
Frank N. Peavey
king_biscuit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
king_biscuit

Replacement phase switch Empty
PostSubject: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:27 pm

What is a good replacement phase switch for the T-40. I know it is just an on/on DPDT switch, but does anybody know a source for a flat handle switch similar to the original? Thanks. btw, I'm new here and this forum is a cool idea. I've had my T-40 since 1983 (its an early 79 model).
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 am

Mike Frederick wrote an article about replacement switch sources over at the T-60 Forum.

Phase switch: Allparts EP 0180-010 On-On Mini Switch, SPDT or Radio Shack (DPDT Flatted Metal Level Toggle Switch #275-636).

http://www.peaveyt60.com/switch.htm
Back to top Go down
king_biscuit

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks Tony. I am going by Radio Shack today to see if they have it.
Back to top Go down
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Tony is da man. Forgot to congratulate you on your USAF retirement (very belated). I had talked to you on the T-60 forum about maybe attending your ceremony but it didn't work out. Gosh, had I gone in the AF when I wanted to I could retire this year too. Instead I have 13 more years to go. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:15 am

Thanks KB, just passing along the info we've compiled to make life easier on other T-owners.

No sweat Scott. Hang in there and you'll get your blue ID card soon enough. I've got some ceremony pics on my My Space, PM me if you want the address to check them out.
Back to top Go down
poomwah

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 11:14 am

according to radioshack, the 275-636 mounts in a 1/4 inch hole. isnt that too big ?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:31 am

I don't have any T's taken apart at the moment, so I can't verify the exact sizes. But remember that the early T's came with the small flat switches while the later T's came with the larger bat switches. The mounting holes are different sizes.
Back to top Go down
kevdel

kevdel

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:01 am

PT43, do you have a part number and a source for the two bat switches? I haven't been able to find any information on them. Thank-you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.friendswithyouband.com
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:43 am

I'm still trying to find those myself. I was wanting to use those in my Frank N. Peavey and T-63 projects but may have to go with the small flat switches.
Back to top Go down
cebreez84

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Wish I had found this thread sooner but in case anyone else finds it like I did. The paddle switches in question on the T-60, T-40. The pickup switch is a DPDT or double pole double throw because it needs three positions. Now operate your phase switch. It is more like an on off switch except that they needed to be able to reverse the coils and put the pickups out of phase. This requires a DPST or double pole single throw. Radio shack sells an exact replacement for the DPDT pickup switch but for some unknown reason nobody wants to supply the DPST for the phase switch as I have had a terrible time finding one. The same has been true for the tone pots, I cannot find anyone who sells the split pots which from what I understand was a Peavey patented part.
Back to top Go down
Barrowford Bluesman

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 4:47 am

Try this:

http://www.axesrus.com/axecart.htm

I'm having some repairs done on my T40 and we got our switches here.

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement phase switch   Replacement phase switch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement phase switch
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: T-40 TECHNICAL DETAILS-
Jump to: