THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

T-40 Refinish - Y/N?

Go down 
3 posters

T-40 Refinish - Y/N?
Yes
T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_vote_lcap0%T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_vote_lcap100%T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
ZacksT-40

T-40 Refinish - Y/N? Empty
PostSubject: T-40 Refinish - Y/N?   T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:56 pm

So....I just picked up my first T-40. I'll spare this crew with all the Oooo's and Ahhh's but needless to say I'm in love and simply blown away with every aspect. The only thing that is not sound about this bass after 33 years is the finish. It was originally the sienna burst but man has this thing taken a beating. I know some go for the "road worn relic" look but would you have this refinished (professionally of course, probably in the same fashion) or just leave it alone?

P.S. Great forum for an even better bass!

Personal Note: I play real vintage Fenders and Music Man's and this T-40 deserves the same respect IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: T-40 Refinish - Y/N?   T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 pm

I saw leave it as is. Honest mojo gives it character.
Back to top Go down
eldoryder1

eldoryder1

PostSubject: Re: T-40 Refinish - Y/N?   T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 8:35 am

I have the same quandry. In my case, the natural-finish T-40 I just acquired has ALL of the semi-gloss finish missing from the front, and the back has so many "micro-gouges" that go through to the wood, that I see no way out of stripping what pitiful thin finish is left on the back, thoroughly sanding out all the imperfections, and having the body refinished in semi-gloss. It doesn't look "relic'd", it looks ABUSED.

Any thoughts?

Mike in Texas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-40 Refinish - Y/N?   T-40 Refinish - Y/N? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-40 Refinish - Y/N?
Page 1 of 1