THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHY would you do this!!!!

Go down 
+2
Aladaube
Scottpro1969
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

WHY would you do this!!!! Empty
PostSubject: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Aladaube

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Beautifully grained sienna burst w/ toasters! Pity about the semi-defret, but if you won that and had another T-40 with a more ho-hum kind of body, you could just switch the necks. That's what I'd do.

Last edited by on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Great, another instance where someone decided to irreversibly muck up a perfectly good T-40.

And that's my favorite finish too. One of these days, I will own one with toasters and maple fretboard.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 am

Partial fretted and fretless? I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 3:19 pm

PT43 wrote:
Partial fretted and fretless? I just don't get it.

Someone on another bass forum that I frequent has a $23 Fullerton that he defretted past the 12th fret. His reasoning was that he loved the sound and feel of fretless, but when he got to the second set of gigs with his band, he was a bit too inebriated to have accurate intonation, but with the frets removed up high, he would still have the option to get that sound.

Personally, I wouldn't really like it, but then again, I'm not that well-versed in fretless yet, so I guess I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:42 pm

so do you think that would reallly work that way??? seems really odd to me but I guess it could work
Back to top Go down
freeridstylee

freeridstylee

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:30 pm

Yea I did that to a guitar once, frets past 12 x-ed for lead work. Was really cool for odd minor slow leads with lots of delay, but not practical for all situations. I could see doing it to a low end bass just to mess around, but not to a poor old t-40.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHY would you do this!!!!   WHY would you do this!!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHY would you do this!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: T-40's ON EBAY-
Jump to: