THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My T-40- Verify Identity please?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
metalchild92797

metalchild92797

My T-40- Verify Identity please? Empty
PostSubject: My T-40- Verify Identity please?   My T-40- Verify Identity please? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:10 pm

I have a red and black T-40 with a maple fretboard that I believe to be a 1978. It has the whlte outline on the truss rod cover, and the serial number is 00947992. It is in absolutely perfect condition. I am the second owner, the original owner did not play it, and I have only fiddled with it a few times as I am not a bass player. It still has protective plastic on the pick guard. There are no scratches, dents, or dings, and the frets show no wear. It has the blade type pickups. It has a locking hard shell case with key that is in perfect condition too. I tried to contact Peavey about it but they claimed that all of their records from that time period were destroyed by fire. I am trying to sell it, knowing it is a vintage guitar in awesome condition, and don't want to have the wrong price. I wouldn't want to screw anyone, but not interested in being screwed either. I am new to this forum and not sure if my photo will show up or not (from Facebook), but if anyone here is interested feel free to send me a Facebook message, my name is Wesley Jillson. Thanks for reading, I look forward to your replies!

[img][/img]My T-40- Verify Identity please? Photo.php?fbid=3879427398116&set=a.3879426158085.154567
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wesley.jillson
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: My T-40- Verify Identity please?   My T-40- Verify Identity please? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Your serial number falls in the range for 1981. The blade style pickups started showing up in 1981 and red wasn't available on the 1978 models. Does yours have the small flat tip switches and a U.S. Patent number on the headstock?

You don't see many T's show up with the pickgard plastic in place and one certainly doesn't see the case key very often either.

It is hard to assign a value to an instrument. Someone once said that it is worth what the buy will pay for it. I've seen very nice T's go in the $300 to $400 range, but I've also purchased nice ones in the $100 to $200 range.
Back to top Go down
metalchild92797

metalchild92797

PostSubject: Re: My T-40- Verify Identity please?   My T-40- Verify Identity please? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 am

Yes, it does have the flat tip switches and patent numbers printed on the back of the head stock. I know that later models had body contours while this one is a slab. What year did that begin?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/wesley.jillson
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: My T-40- Verify Identity please?   My T-40- Verify Identity please? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 am

From the T-60s I've owned I would have to say the contour change happened sometime in the 1981 model year. I've had two 1981s that had the contour and my new 1982 has it. The three 1980s that I have owned did not have it. Of course my 1979 is a slab as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My T-40- Verify Identity please?   My T-40- Verify Identity please? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My T-40- Verify Identity please?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: