THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neck plate question..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knappyheadedmutha

Neck plate question.. Empty
PostSubject: Neck plate question..   Neck plate question.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:36 am

Hey all, been lurking for a few days..since my recent T40 purchase. Will post picks shortly. Serial number on it is 00363962. Picked it up from a pawnshop the other day for 220bones. Neck straight, nice action, all the control knobs - vol/tone work, pickup selector and phase on/off work great. Body is in great shape for 33 year old bass. It was missing the string retainer, ordered that and is on it way. This bass is as smooth and versatile as I remember, oh and still has heavy as ever. Love this beauty! I have a case coming from Austin for 50bones. This guy as had the case since he was 12 years old. Story goes his bass was stolen and the case was left behind, he has kept it all these years and says it is in great condition with the brownish lining in it.

I am 47 years old, and played a T-40 back in the day, when I was in middle school in our jazz band, also played a Gibson bass, and currently own a Fender P bass bought back in 1974. Have always wanted to buy a T-40 and finally pulled the trigger. My question is why is there a extra hole aside from the 4 screw holes in the back neck plate..is it for anything in particular. Well great being here and glad I found this forum, will be visiting quite regularly. Thanks again all and have a great day!

Joe- Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

Neck plate question.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neck plate question..   Neck plate question.. I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Congrats on the new T!

That fifth hole on the neck plate is to access the neck tilt feature. Download a copy of the manual from Peavey to get the full story on that feature.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get a copy of the factory setup sheet and the correct wiring diagram to you.
Back to top Go down

Neck plate question..
Page 1 of 1