THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReallyPeaved

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:33 am

with the help of the user manual found here I was able to adjust neck tilt (half a turn clockwise) and lower the saddles a touch to get it into the super low action zone with no fret buzz. The 8th fret clearance is on the high side of acceptable and I do not have a thin walled 5/16th so I left the torsion rod alone, but it is looking like it will not need a pro setup.

Kinda blown away by the playability and tone of this 30 year old $300 bass. I was imagining a maple neck would be much brighter, must be the 12 lb piece of ash body. Although I am still curious how a rosewood FB would effect the sound, I will probably just look for a 2nd mahogany/rosewood bass.

If you were local to me (nor cal) I might be into a meet up, but I like playing this thing too much to put the neck in the mail right now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:26 pm

ReallyPeaved wrote:
In a past life, I owned and loved a peavey horizon guitar that I used for recording almost any sound I needed out of a six string. So when I recently began to get back into playing bass after a decade of not much playing, and saw a T-40 that kinda reminded me of the horizon, about to go for $300 on e-vil-bay, and researched it to find a huge fan base of supporters admirers and appreciators, I grabbed it.

Now it is here and needs a full set up. It has a maple neck/FB. The neck looks to be in great shape, but I have always been more of a fan of mahogany basses with rosewood FBs, so I am curious about your swap. How easy is it to fit up a neck from a different T-40? Is there any risk?

The neck swap has no risks. The CNC machining ensured each neck and body were routed exactly the same.

A Horizon or Horizon II is on my short list of must haves.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReallyPeaved

PostSubject: New Here..   Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 pm

In a past life, I owned and loved a peavey horizon guitar that I used for recording almost any sound I needed out of a six string. So when I recently began to get back into playing bass after a decade of not much playing, and saw a T-40 that kinda reminded me of the horizon, about to go for $300 on e-vil-bay, and researched it to find a huge fan base of supporters admirers and appreciators, I grabbed it.

Now it is here and needs a full set up. It has a maple neck/FB. The neck looks to be in great shape, but I have always been more of a fan of mahogany basses with rosewood FBs, so I am curious about your swap. How easy is it to fit up a neck from a different T-40? Is there any risk?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyThreat

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Logjam wrote:
Pretty much like it says. I want a maple neck. Mine (rosewood) is in great shape.
Dose it have a gloss of satin finish? That's my only problem with my maple neck, is the gloss finish just isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1pick2sticks

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:35 am

Have you traded it yet?
I'm looking to get a t-40 this weekend, I might swap with you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:19 pm

I don't have any T-40 necks, other than the rosewood attached to my T-40. But I do have a maple T-60 neck that I would love to trade for a rosewood T-60 neck.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Woolfey

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 pm

Logjam wrote:
Pretty much like it says. I want a maple neck. Mine (rosewood) is in great shape.

Hard to believe no one has pounced upon this... All my maple necks are for T-20's... 8^| ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.louwolf.blogspot.com
Logjam

PostSubject: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:07 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck    

Back to top Go down

Trade my rosewood T40 neck for your maple T40 neck
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1