THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can this be?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
el duderino

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:26 pm

I was looking at an article about the T-40 from Vintage Guitar from about a year and a half ago, and I noticed that the example they show in the article has a lower serial number than my fretted one, but it has the exposed blade pickups whereas mine has the toasters. Was it most likely some kind of typo, or were the necks not used entirely in sequence?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 6:48 am

I've tracked T-series serial numbers for a few years now and have noticed things like that quite often. Chip has told us that it was pretty common.
Back to top Go down
el duderino

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 7:17 am

PT43 wrote:
I've tracked T-series serial numbers for a few years now and have noticed things like that quite often. Chip has told us that it was pretty common.

That's kinda what I suspected.

So if this is true, it's possible that my T-40 is likely one of the last ones with toaster pickups?
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 pm

That's very likely. I have a T-60 with blades but it has the smaller switches that are more common on toaster T's. I've seen some strange combos over the years.
Back to top Go down
el duderino

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 11:38 am

PT43 wrote:
That's very likely. I have a T-60 with blades but it has the smaller switches that are more common on toaster T's. I've seen some strange combos over the years.

That's how the T-40 that I modded was: bladed pickups with small switches. damned if I can remember the serial number though. I think it started with 006 or 007, but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 6:45 am

Mine has the old style pickguard (small switch holes) so I'm fairly sure it was put together that way in Meridian.
Back to top Go down
cecilj

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:00 am

You can't discount he possibility that the neck was switched out with another T-40 at some point. I know I have 2 T-60's that have necks that are not the original. Smile
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:31 am

Good point Cecil, I hadn't thought about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How can this be? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How can this be?   How can this be? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can this be?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: