A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

hi guy's,

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
marijn c

PostSubject: hi guy's,    Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:16 am

Hi guys, I got the opportunity to by a T40 last week (serial 00763044), and I took it! Great decision it turned out, it's a nasty black beasty!

Amazing bass as it is already now (the lows! the sustain! the power! yes, the looks Smile ! ), yet the PU selector switch was replaced by a 'standard' one and it looks like the electronics are not working how they were meant to work. Yep, like the most of you, also I am suffering with the electronics. Main issue is a not-humbuckable bridge pickup and a non-functionning phase switch, so I guess I'm still missing out on the best the T40 has to offer- or to put it differently: the best is yet to come Smile . I've already sent out a mail to Frank to receive the schematics for a pre-'83, so fingers crossed...

So these T40's already made it all the way up to Belgium, Europe. Strange these basses are so unknown, they really kick ass! Compared to both my Fender USA P-Special and my Epi Jack Casady, you seem to get the T40 to sound 'comparable', but with some 1000 extra layers of harmonics and depth on top.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: hi guy's,    Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:19 am

I haven't seen an email for a schematic lately. Try again at franknpeavey@yahoo.com

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marijn c

PostSubject: Re: hi guy's,    Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:56 pm

My circuit looks pretty similar to stock (except for my pots are installed differently: vol and tone pots are mounted under instead of next to each other).
I guess the cause of my 'issues' would be related to the PU-switch, or does anyone else see another possibility?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marijn c

PostSubject: Re: hi guy's,    Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:10 pm

Problem solved! Appeared to be a bad contact in the bridge pickup, and some cleaning fixed it. So now I can enjoy the full potential of this all in all, incredibly cheap bass (200 euro)!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marijn c

PostSubject: Re: hi guy's,    Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 am

So my T40 has now kept me from being new basses since almost a year! A remarkable achievement :-) .

I'm currently getting it in a better condition again, because the electronics have not always been reliable lately. I've ordered new PU-rings AND a new Black Abalone pickguard (http://www.wdmusic.com/peavey_t40_pickguard_pv-2935.html), and I'll put her in for a good check-up when I have everything here. I'm also looking for a 'OHSC' but these are remarkably difficult to get hands on here in Belgium/Europe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hi guy's,    

Back to top Go down

hi guy's,
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: