THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RenoRacing

New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help Empty
PostSubject: New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help   New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:53 am

Hi guys (and girls.) I have recently purchased my first T-40 (I traded an Ibanez 6-string that I never played so I feel it's free Very Happy .) I believe it is a 1981, black finish with rosewood fretboard, serial 00793506. I am in love with this bass! I had been looking for one for a while, so it's a great feeling to finally have one!

Anyways, now on to the few problems that I have to fix and need some input on... The pickup selector switch's handle has been broken off, although I do have a replacement DPDT on/on/on switch that I picked up for it. I have happened upon a wiring diagram online, but I have some questions on that too. I am confused by which are the volume and which are the tone pots? The owner's manual says that the two closest to the pickup selector switch are the volume, and the back two are the tone, yet the wiring diagram says that the two closest to the strings are the volume and the two near the edge of the lower body are the tone... which is correct? Also, when you turn the tone knobs (the two nearest to the input) up past 8/9, the bass cuts out.. is this caused by the broken switch or what else would cause this?

If anyone could offer some help I would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks, Reno.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help   New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:32 am

That looks like a 1981 serial number.

PM or email me and I will send you the correct wiring diagram that Chip put together recently.
Back to top Go down

New Member to the T-40 Family & Needs Electronics Help
Page 1 of 1