THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

79 T40

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hugo9791

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:10 am

Hi, thought someone out there might be able to solve a dilema. I'v bought a T40 in really good shape in a case that is of the correct era but is not the blown plastic or retangular plastic. It's a heavy traditional hard case which looks to be made for this model. I'v seen a few T40's in the USA in similar cases which is too much of a coincidence. Was this model supplied at any time with this type of case. Still in the case is a foam pad that was intended to duff the strings and is moulded to fit just in that area in front of the bridge.

Regards Hugo.

PS Great Forum for a Great Bass.
Back to top Go down
princeplanet

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 am

Welcome Hugo. I believe there were just the two cases offered. The early rectangular one and then the blow molded one. Chip Todd discussed this on the T-60 forum. They were not satisfied with the earlier case and a change was made.

Jerry
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:58 am

Jerry is right. There were only two cases offered back in the day. The earliest came with the rectangle and the later ones came with the teardrop shape. Both were black. I have seen brown T-15 cases, but no T-60 or T-40 cases in brown.
Back to top Go down
Aladaube

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 12:21 pm

The rectangular Peavey case of the late '70s seems to be the basically the same as that used for many other basses of the period, e.g. the Ovation Magnum (I have both). Besides being unnecessarily bulky, its main shortcoming is that the little screws on the inside that secure the handle to the aluminum profile around the case are liable to come loose and drop out. They can be tightened if you manage to pull the edge of the plush-lined interior panel back. Superglue is useless, since aluminum oxidizes so quickly.

Without a grip the case is totally unwieldy, so it was a good idea to integrate the handle into the design itself, as Peavey did with the later, wedge-shaped model.
Back to top Go down
hugo9791

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 5:10 am

Thanks to all who provided information .
I will post an image of the T-40 at the first opportunity. It has spent the last few months on the road as I purchased it in Little Rock Ark and transported it to Ireland.
Over the last few years I have been looking out for a good Patent Pending T40 and on a whim secured this one. It needed both toggles replaced so that's what I have completed. Written on the inside of the pickguard is a signature with a date 8-1-79. There was a heart in the mouth moment when I plugged it in to see if everything worked. Well it did and plays and sounds beauitful. Over the years I have used and played everthing imaginable but the T40 just feels right maybe it's something to do with the past ownership as I purchased an old Fender Jazz Deluxe in perfect condition but got real bad vibes.

Thanks again,

Regards Hugo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

79 T40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 79 T40   79 T40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

79 T40
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: