THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench

Go down 
+5
Aladaube
el duderino
T-40
Frank N. Peavey
pfo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
pfo

Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench Empty
PostSubject: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:50 am

Reading the manual, it says that the truss rod adjustments should be made with a Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench -- is this true? Will a regular Allen Key work or do I need to buy a special tool?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 5:53 am

You'll need a thin wall socket or the Peavey tool to make the adjustments. I don't have the size written down though. I'm sure someone else will stumble in with the correct size.
Back to top Go down
T-40
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 12:55 pm

A gibson guitar tool will work too. These are SUPER cheap and easy to find. Music store always forget to give these to their customers, especially guitar center! They have TONS of them. Just ask for one!
Back to top Go down
https://peaveyt40.forumotion.com
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 pm

T-40 wrote:
A gibson guitar tool will work too. These are SUPER cheap and easy to find. Music store always forget to give these to their customers, especially guitar center! They have TONS of them. Just ask for one!

I have an actual wrench that I got for $6 from Peavey, but if I ever lose it, that's good to know.
Back to top Go down
Aladaube

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:59 am

I've seen the socket size given variously as 5/16", 11/32" and 8mm.
Back to top Go down
pfo

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 3:21 am

Thanks guys, so a Gibson tool should work huh....well, I'm off to Guitar Center to see if I can't pick up one of their spares.

Dude (I'm into the whole brevity thing Smile), did you call Peavey to order that tool?
Back to top Go down
ropingk

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 10:02 am

Yes you can call the parts department and just order a wernch HOWEVER I think thjey are now like $15 and the wqit time is kinda long
Back to top Go down
el duderino

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 9:58 pm

ropingk wrote:
Yes you can call the parts department and just order a wernch HOWEVER I think thjey are now like $15 and the wqit time is kinda long

Possibly, but I only ordered mine about a year and a half ago and it came within a week and only cost $6. but then again, the popularity has been steadily climbing since then.
Back to top Go down
Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Well, I've just ordered a pocket 5/16" Gibson wrench from Stewmac.com. My T-40's neck is perfectly straight and I want it to have a bit of relief, but the wrench I have for this has a very long head and it doesn't fit the truss rod cavity's top end. I hope this one will work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/alvabass67/Alvabass.html
Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. wrote:
Well, I've just ordered a pocket 5/16" Gibson wrench from Stewmac.com. My T-40's neck is perfectly straight and I want it to have a bit of relief, but the wrench I have for this has a very long head and it doesn't fit the truss rod cavity's top end. I hope this one will work.

Well, it seems that I made a good decision! Very Happy

Quote :
Date: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 02:08 PM

It's a 1981 model and the wrench is a 5/16" socket type which is available at http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Truss_rods/Wrenches,_hex_keys/Pocket_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html

Thank you,
Anthony
Back to top Go down
http://www.geocities.com/alvabass67/Alvabass.html
wanderlusterer

wanderlusterer

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 6:24 am

I called Peavey last week. Since in the past month, I've bought 2 T-40's!!!!!

They don't carry parts for them any more and suggested that I call Allparts.com and ask them. I did and they sent a 5/16 tool for $6.

FYI.
Back to top Go down
countshock

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:50 pm

the size is 5/16 and you can get them from stewmac.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench   Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peavey Torsion Rod Wrench
Page 1 of 1