THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about T-40 Cases..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kc5ogt

kc5ogt

Question about T-40 Cases.. Empty
PostSubject: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:40 am

Hi, as I understand it, there were a few different cases that were original cases sold with T-40's back in the day. The most common being the torpedo style with the plastic molded handles, and the rarer Gibson style case. Is there any chance someone here can tell me if this is an original T-40 case, which I believe it to be, or just some aftermarket case?
Question about T-40 Cases.. Caseopen

Thanks!

Koy
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 4:28 pm

I am only aware of the first rectangle and later teardrop cases as original equipment. I have heard stories of some folks that bought T-60s and T-40s in the transistion period that report having gotten a generic case much like the one pictured in this thread.
Back to top Go down
NGPeavey

PostSubject: Re: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:41 am

My case is identical to this. That's the same thing I've been wondering about. Anymore info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Glenn
Back to top Go down
kingswood127

PostSubject: Re: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I just picked up a used T-40 at a local Guitar Center and that's the exact case that came with the bass...
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 am

There must be something to the stories I've heard of folks getting this type case when they bought their T's new in the transition period. I haven't personally found one with this type case, but plenty of folks have. I guess we can call it the transition case?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about T-40 Cases..   Question about T-40 Cases.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about T-40 Cases..
Page 1 of 1