A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Spam threads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Spam threads   Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:52 am

My apologies for the recent rash of spam threads. The forum owner has been absent for quite some time and I don't have the power to do anything beyond deleting the topics and threads as I find them. My modrator power is quite limited. I am waiting to hear fro the owner and the spam author but don't expect to get an answer any time soon.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:57 am

Does anyone have contact info for T-40 (forum owner)? He hasn't logged in since July and this Spam needs his attention. I'm doing what I can with my limited power.

ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scottpro1969

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:01 pm

Tony,

The guy who owns this place kinda comes and goes it seems. I don't know. He goes through phases where he's here a lot then gone for months. I applaud his work here but wish he would relinquish control so that some of the problems that have currently popped up could be taken care of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/ussmaps
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:22 pm

It is frustrating isn't it Scott? We both come in here at least once a day (although I took yesterday off) and try to keep everything running. But with the limited power we've got we can only do so much.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ajish4

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am

It's hard to understand, you should have been given power to at least DELETE or BAN a member.

I'm amazed it hasn't been worse.

Shame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 am

As far as I've been able to figure out I am only able to moderate threads. I've got the power to ban and delete at T-60 Mafia. Just not here. It's a shame the owner can't find the time to visit his own forum more often.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 am

My apologies again folks. I logged in today and found four spam replies to existing threads. With my limited power I cannot delete those. I'm getting very frustrated at trying to maintain order and keep this place running for an owner that hasn't bothered logging in since mid summer. Mad

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Okay. I give up. The spammers win. Thanks to those of you that did try to help me keep this forum alive. I officially give up. Have at it spammers. With me gone you won't have anybody standing in your way. Have at it, the absentee forum owner won't stand in your way either.

Pityful. All the time I have wasted trying to keep this place up and running with my limited power. I would like to invite the contributing members heretofore withdraw and follow me to the T-40 Mafia where I guarantee will not be overrun by spammers or allowed by the forum owner to die a slow death.

Questions and comments can be directed to me via email.

ITOC #05-00013

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spam threads   

Back to top Go down

Spam threads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1