THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Serial not listed technically

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stinky634



Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Serial not listed technically   Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:45 am

I was dating my T-40, as its number is 200033, I dated it is 00200033 putting it at a '78, but I'm not sure if thats correct or if this a different year altogether. There are no other markings near the number at all.

Any insight on this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

avatar

Posts : 699
Join date : 2007-11-27
Age : 51
Location : Home of the Choo Choo

PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 am

1978 is the right year for a six-digit serial number. I haven't documented many six-digit T's at all. 14 T-40s and 14 T-60s so far are the only ones I've documented.

_________________
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stinky634



Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Frank N. Peavey wrote:
1978 is the right year for a six-digit serial number. I haven't documented many six-digit T's at all. 14 T-40s and 14 T-60s so far are the only ones I've documented.

Ooooohh. So I got a special one eh? Is mine the 14th, or would that be 15? How many T-40's have you documented altogether?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frank N. Peavey

avatar

Posts : 699
Join date : 2007-11-27
Age : 51
Location : Home of the Choo Choo

PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:40 pm

Special indeed. You just don't see that many six digit and 8M T's at all.

I have my database on the home computer and I'm posting from my phone so I don't have the number of T-40s that I have documented. I do know it is only a small fraction on the ones built.

_________________
Tony
ITOC #05-00013

4 T-60s,  T-63, T-15, Generation Standard, Hydra, Mantis LT, Milestone, Mystic, Odyssey, Patriot, Patriot tremolo, Predator, Raptor, Razer, Reactor, 3 Rockmasters, Tracer, Backstage, Bandit, VSS 20, Vypyr 30, Vypyr VIP-1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flat Eric

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:24 am

stinky634 wrote:
Frank N. Peavey wrote:
1978 is the right year for a six-digit serial number. I haven't documented many six-digit T's at all. 14 T-40s and 14 T-60s so far are the only ones I've documented.

Ooooohh. So I got a special one eh? Is mine the 14th, or would that be 15? How many T-40's have you documented altogether?

Hi. My earliest one is 211150 and the pots are dated 1977 - yours must be earlier and
I would have thought that your pots would be dated '77 as well.
This doesn't have to mean that it was made in '77, you would have to check with Chip
but it is certainly one of the few early ones.
These pre-date the 8M series.

Cheers. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://flatericbassandguitar.blogspot.com/
stinky634



Posts : 13
Join date : 2010-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 am

Flat Eric wrote:

Hi. My earliest one is 211150 and the pots are dated 1977 - yours must be earlier and
I would have thought that your pots would be dated '77 as well.
This doesn't have to mean that it was made in '77, you would have to check with Chip
but it is certainly one of the few early ones.
These pre-date the 8M series.

Cheers. Smile

I will check the pots when I get the bass back from getting worked on. Didn't even think to look there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Serial not listed technically   

Back to top Go down
 
Serial not listed technically
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Card Destruction and Serial Spell
» Serial number (software)
» Pics and serial number. Who is owner of a NFFS Cox Medallion .051 NFFS Special from Bob Beecroft
» 120 Wall Vase listed on sella.co.nz
» 57 Chevy Restoration Guide

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM :: T-40 DISCUSSION :: PEAVEY T-40 DISCUSSION-
Jump to: