THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS FORUM

A FORUM FOR PEAVEY T-40 BASS ENTHUSIASTS

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New member - question about strings

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NGPeavey

New member - question about strings Empty
PostSubject: New member - question about strings   New member - question about strings I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 6:20 am

Hello, I'm a new member and I'm not sure I'm posting this right. If not I am sorry, I'll figure this out eventually. My question is about the right strings for my T40. I prefer flatwounds due to the feel of them, but not sure if it's really what I need to get the right sound. My music preference is 70s - 80s rock (Eagles, etc.). I just don't have the money to buy several sets. I've been told nicklewounds are what I need, but prefer someone elses opinion who also owns a t40.
P.S. The only reason I signed on this sight was:
1) I like the rules.
2) Someone from my area is a member (NWGA)
3) Someone else stationed at Minot AFB, where I spent four cold years.
Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New member - question about strings   New member - question about strings I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 5:50 am

Welcome to the show! I'm guessing I'm the one in your area, right?

I can't really help you much on the choice of strings, I'm not really a bassist. I own a T-40 to mess around with and hopefully one day learn to play properly. Until then I just play it like a four string guitar. affraid

The strings on my T-40 have been there about three years. I believe they are either Musician's Friend generics or Epiphone.
Back to top Go down
NGPeavey

PostSubject: Re: New member - question about strings   New member - question about strings I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 6:52 am

Yeah, you were the one. I appreciate the reply anyway. I guess I'll go up here to Masons and talk to the gentleman there, he's an old Peavey man himself. I have a light nicklewound steel on my Ibenez, but they make to much of clangy noise for me. I like a nice thump if that makes any sense.
I saw the list of Peaveys you have. Quite a collection. When I was in the AF I had a nice little Patriot, but swapped it off for a fender flattop when I was sick of metal and went back to country. I haven't really played much in the last 15 years, except bass in church. I'm getting to where I like playing alot again. Well, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Frank N. Peavey

Frank N. Peavey

PostSubject: Re: New member - question about strings   New member - question about strings I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 pm

Small world, I retired from the AF in November 2007. I go visit Pete's Music City a bunch, he's a great guy and I love them mom and pop Peavey shops.

Thanks, I really love each of the Peavey's in my herd. I actually expanded the herd today. Picked up a very cherry Razer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member - question about strings   New member - question about strings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member - question about strings
Page 1 of 1